Newest Members
RodrigoBR, MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two
12332 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueelectron9 (48), Grunty1967b (2014), highflight (42), jocks44 (54), kitm1 (47), Porrick (44)
Who's Online
2 registered (pattom, 1 invisible), 25 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12332 Members
74 Forums
63413 Topics
443349 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#414734 - 10/30/12 11:34 AM My 11 year-old self vs my 40 year-old self
Suwanee Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeast USA

-Signs and traces left in stone
Ruins of a past unknown-

#414793 - 10/30/12 08:13 PM Re: My 11 year-old self vs my 40 year-old self [Re: Suwanee]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
right - probly most of us go through that. look at an 11-yr-old boy and then see if you could blame him for "letting" that happen to him - especially when confronted with a perp who is older, bigger, stronger, more numerous or in a status or position of greater power. it is not rational - it is judging your younger self by your present standards. it takes a while to get past that. we don't like to remember what it really felt like at the time (fear, helplessness, confusion, etc), so we substitute our present thoughts and feelings.

tell yourself "IT WAS NOT MY FAULT!" about 2,000 times a day - and in a couple years you'll start to believe it!

BTW - the "Tears for Fears" quote in your sig is a nice touch!
lee
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.