Newest Members
journey4two, VASurvivor, jayceemac, rwolf, FindingNemo
12328 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cja (49), crackerjack (55), nursemanda25 (33)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 25 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12328 Members
74 Forums
63403 Topics
443287 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#414453 - 10/27/12 09:45 AM Penn State Holds CSA Prevention Conference
Disappointed Offline

Loc: U.S.A.

#414460 - 10/27/12 11:46 AM Re: Penn State Holds CSA Prevention Conference [Re: Disappointed]
Chris Anderson Offline
Executive Director
MaleSurvivor
Loc: New York
MaleSurvivor will have a presence at the conference. And I am speaking tomorrow evening at a public event as one of three survivors speaking about our experiences.

http://live.psu.edu/story/61416

#414539 - 10/28/12 09:44 AM Re: Penn State Holds CSA Prevention Conference [Re: Disappointed]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Hopefully someone can break through the think mindset there. Living only an hour from state college I have LOTS of friends who are huge Penn State fans and the posts on my FB from these people show they still don't get it. So So dedicated to sports and their university over protecting children. I've long since given up trying to have ANY kind of dialog with those people, so it's good that someone is still trying.

#414597 - 10/28/12 11:42 PM Re: Penn State Holds CSA Prevention Conference [Re: Disappointed]
Chris Anderson Offline
Executive Director
MaleSurvivor
Loc: New York
I'm still trying, and I'm not giving up on this effort. Ever. We had over 200 folks in the audience tonight, and it was a very powerful and effective evening.

The culture in central PA won't change quickly, but it is slowly changing. More importantly, the leadership at Penn State is moving in the right direction. The work that is required of all of us is to support the healing agenda while remaining vigilant to ensure that survivors are supported and children are protected.

#414674 - 10/29/12 07:15 PM Re: Penn State Holds CSA Prevention Conference [Re: Disappointed]
unhappycamper Offline

Loc: VA
I hope the denizens of "Happy Valley" put as much effort into prevention as they did into covering up Sandusky for 14 years.

John

#414701 - 10/29/12 11:32 PM Re: Penn State Holds CSA Prevention Conference [Re: unhappycamper]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
"An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure." Benjamin Franklin

#414896 - 10/31/12 04:13 PM Re: Penn State Holds CSA Prevention Conference [Re: Disappointed]
LandOfShadow Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
The 2 hour "Moving Forward: A Public Conversation on Surviving Sexual Abuse" is up on youtube featuring 3 survivors (including our Chris Anderson) talking about that with audience Q & A (and good questions)...

"There is a very special stigma when boys are abused..."

Way to go Chris Anderson! I was really great to see such willing to listen to survivors and their journey.

"It never occurred to me, the sexual abuse was a big deal..."

"I finally starting looking for resources around sexual abuse and there really weren't many for men..."

"Finally I found Malesurvivor ... and eventually discovering I was not alone. And that was the biggest moment for me."

And by the power of a single word I can begin my life again, I was born to know you, to name you
Freedom

Paul Eluard

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.