Newest Members
Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy, wiresguy1
12278 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
carter (51), CAW1980 (34), Fissy Tsickens (53), Kris (52), Wheatthins (23)
Who's Online
4 registered (masryt, pattom, 2 invisible), 26 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12278 Members
73 Forums
63175 Topics
441759 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#414676 - 10/29/12 07:34 PM Inpatient programs specializing in male survivors?
RunningOnEmpty Offline

Loc: georgia
Hi- anyone know of any inpatient-type programs specializing in working with male survivors of CSA? My H is at a point where he needs more than a weekly outpatient visit with a T (he agrees)- but we don't know what programs to look into!

#415288 - 11/04/12 10:47 AM Re: Inpatient programs specializing in male survivors? [Re: RunningOnEmpty]
RachelMac Offline

I am interested in the same thing as well. Everywhere I call they say they will take him only if he also has drug issues. I'm looking for something more specialized.

#416943 - 11/22/12 12:50 PM Re: Inpatient programs specializing in male survivors? [Re: RunningOnEmpty]
finallyopen Offline

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Not sure where you are but see if you can get them into a CSA retreat. We have a few of them up here in Canada. It is a one week retreat away from the world and it is all male SA survivors. Hope this helps you in some way.

#416977 - 11/23/12 01:09 AM Re: Inpatient programs specializing in male survivors? [Re: RunningOnEmpty]
RunningOnEmpty Offline

Thanks finallyopen! Do you have a link?

#417361 - 11/27/12 08:21 AM Re: Inpatient programs specializing in male survivors? [Re: RunningOnEmpty]
Ken Singer, LCSW Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Lambertville, NJ USA
There are no inpatient programs for males who have been sexually abused that I know of. However, there are programs which deal with sexually compulsive issues (sexual addictions) and others that specialize in traumatic issues. Just be sure that the program does and can work with male victimization issues.

#417380 - 11/27/12 10:30 AM Re: Inpatient programs specializing in male survivors? [Re: RunningOnEmpty]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2 NATO Nations
List

The list is poorly composed, but calls to the facilities themselves may reveal referrals to others that meet your needs.
LINK

Still's Globs

New Video

#417382 - 11/27/12 11:08 AM Re: Inpatient programs specializing in male survivors? [Re: Still]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
There are some programs based on horse training. A person builds a sense of trust as they gain a relationship with a horse. They learn of themselves and gain confidence.

What is Equine Therapy? A list of programs is available.
http://www.equine-psychotherapy.com/equine.html

Texas:
http://www.equest.org/volunteer/program-volunteers

Teens:
http://www.equine-psychotherapy.com/troubled-teens.html

National Center for Equine Therapy (California)
http://www.equine-psychotherapy.com/therapy-associations.html#

Puffer

Edited by pufferfish (11/27/12 11:21 AM)

#417383 - 11/27/12 11:15 AM Re: Inpatient programs specializing in male survivors? [Re: RunningOnEmpty]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2 NATO Nations
I've been seeking a residential program for a very long time (off & on). I can tell in one phone call or email if they are hacks only out for a quick $10,000.

The best and most sincere residential programs were about the most fundamental elements of surviving CSA...which is great...its just not what I needed at the time.

Still's Globs

New Video

#417454 - 11/27/12 08:34 PM Re: Inpatient programs specializing in male survivors? [Re: RunningOnEmpty]
RunningOnEmpty Offline

I have been calling many places- some great ones that treat PTSD and use equine therapy and other modalities, however the issues I'm running into are:
1) the PTSD trauma work is centered around military/combat trauma
And
2) Tricare won't pay for my H since he isn't the active duty member and isn't currently suicidal.
3) I don't have 10K to pay out of pocket.

So frustrating!

#417456 - 11/27/12 08:49 PM Re: Inpatient programs specializing in male survivors? [Re: RunningOnEmpty]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
I entered the "recovery phase" of my life when I remembered horrible abuse I received as a child. I needed a lot of care than was available. I was receiving kind of a nominal insurance benefit. I got (1) therapy session per week. It didn't even last an hour. Maybe 45 or 50 minutes. I needed daily therapy, or five (5) per week. I was aware if that then and I still think that's correct. I didn't need a residential treatment center with meals provided. Also the psychotherapy I was receiving was often haphazard. I got the feeling sometimes that they were flying (as they say) by the "seat of their pants". So, there I was, deeply wounded as a child by what others had done to me. Yet I had to dig my own way out of that hole. I was about 45 when I remembered abuse. I am now 73, and I'm beginning to really feel better. So who is going to accept the bill for my recovery? I had to pay it myself (insurance lasted a few years). The BSA (Boy Scouts of America) was playing hard-to-get with me about it. My abuser when I was 4 died a number of year previously. They abuse children and they play "hit and run".

Puffer

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.