Newest Members
DougieB, sethpeterson, R Ellis, SailingAway, Kitty6
12320 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Healer (53), Kilo (21), sdsjr (40), surfdude (57)
Who's Online
2 registered (Austintexan, 1 invisible), 22 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12320 Members
74 Forums
63373 Topics
443142 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#414628 - 10/29/12 09:43 AM Looking for a 4-Star General to listen to me.
WayTooConfused Offline

Loc: Florida
I have several incidents that I need to report, but I will only talk to a 4-Star General in the US Army, in person, and it must be confidential and private and with the understanding that comes with and is associated with this site, www.malesurvivor.org

Understand the situation that I need to talk about is very sensitive, and I mean to make sure that my family remains safe and out of harms way.

If you can't deal with this, then don't contact me. eek

"This is about male rape and other allegations." sick

If you want to get a small glimpse at what I've experienced,
visit http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showthreaded&Number=414634#Post414634

#414703 - 10/29/12 11:47 PM Re: Looking for a 4-Star General to listen to me. [Re: WayTooConfused]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
A 4-Star General won't be able to help you. My abuser became a 4-Star General before he died. He wasn't worth a ****.

Puffer

-----------------
Edited:

I looked it up and he was only a 3-star general.

Edited by pufferfish (10/31/12 12:15 AM)

#414706 - 10/30/12 12:57 AM Re: Looking for a 4-Star General to listen to me. [Re: WayTooConfused]
JoziSA Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Johannesburg, South Africa
It is very difficult to take on the military, as a state institution they rally around and protect their own. When I was raped in a combat situation, I felt so alone, nobody would have believed me, the military and the state would have turned against me the victim. The chain of command and hierarchy complicates the issue.

It appears that the press has the power to take them on. I understand the fear and the need to protect your family. Maybe MS has some suggestions. The truth must be told.

South African MALE SURVIVORS of Sexual Abuse
www.samsosa.org
If your mind can perceive it and your heart can believe it, YOU can achieve it.

#416126 - 11/13/12 12:50 PM Re: Looking for a 4-Star General to listen to me. [Re: WayTooConfused]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: WayTooConfused
I have several incidents that I need to report, but I will only talk to a 4-Star General in the US Army, in person, and it must be confidential and private and with the understanding that comes with and is associated with this site, www.malesurvivor.org

Understand the situation that I need to talk about is very sensitive, and I mean to make sure that my family remains safe and out of harms way.

If you can't deal with this, then don't contact me. eek

"This is about male rape and other allegations." sick

If you want to get a small glimpse at what I've experienced,
visit http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showthreaded&Number=414634#Post414634

The recently reported incidents involving Gen. Petraeus (4-star general) indicate what kind of a morass (maybe it should be spelled "more-ass") we have there.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/11/13/us-usa-petraeus-women-idUSBRE8AC04Y20121113

Originally Posted By: Reuters

The scandal has tarnished the reputation of a revered general and raised questions about how the FBI handled the situation and when the White House learned of the affair, which became public after the November 6 presidential election.

If you really need to report to someone high level, I think there is a congressional committee looking into military abuse. I would have to research this to find out who and I don't have time at the moment.

Puffer

Edited by pufferfish (11/13/12 01:10 PM)

#419789 - 12/21/12 06:53 PM Re: Looking for a 4-Star General to listen to me. [Re: WayTooConfused]
uptownguy Offline

Loc: chicago
I have tried to follow this thread to really understand the situation. I think the 20 year time frame will be your real struggle as far as getting anyone to act.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.