Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
biggbill70 (44), CP4 (24), EddieMi (46), EddieT (46), hemi1024 (54), Kage (70), kdj_74 (40), Knightswhitehart (49), otlhouston (47), TX_Space (47), VirtualBman (50)
Who's Online
1 registered (petercorbett), 30 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63793 Topics
445487 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#407261 - 08/19/12 11:13 PM Re: Insult to Adult Survivors [Re: LN3(SS)]
ren42 Offline

#407571 - 08/22/12 04:15 PM Re: Insult to Adult Survivors [Re: LN3(SS)]
Tyr Offline
MaleSurvivor

thank you for the morale boost ren!

#414544 - 10/28/12 10:33 AM Re: Insult to Adult Survivors [Re: LN3(SS)]
tommyp72 Offline

Loc: Virginia
On my WOR (x2) there were men who had been assaulted as adults as well as those with a past of CSA. But MaleSurvivor was established priamarily with CSA in mind. No everything in those 10 affirmations applies to me either, I had a fantastic child hood, except for one neighbor and his "friends", my life would have been ideal. But I don't get angry about what doesn't apply directly to me here, instead, I try to use what tools work, and leave off those that don't. On my weekends, there were a couple of exercises that I felt uncomfortable doing, so I didn't. No one judged me, and no one tried to make be play along. Take what you can find to get healing, and don't worry about what doesn't. Personally, I need to try to reconnect with the the parts of me I cut off in the past. I started functioning in many ways, as an adult when I was 5 years old. I didn't allow myself to feel much of the joy that was everywhere around me. For some of us the "inner child" connection is not a bunch of crap. For you, I can understand why you would want to find resources that help you to be listened to and understood. I don't know what it feels like to go through adult rape, but I think I understand what it feels like to not have control over what is happening to you, to carry rage, and hate, hurt, guilt, shame, and to be utterly disrespected. We all need to embrace each other here. I care about you feelings and pain. I really do. You didn't deserve what happened to you and I want you to find peace and healing. Just like I want for myself and every one the guys here, no matter what their story is.

#414546 - 10/28/12 10:45 AM Re: Insult to Adult Survivors [Re: LN3(SS)]
tommyp72 Offline

Loc: Virginia
One last quick note. Since this whole website/organization started with a few peop;e putting their heads together to start something that was much needed for us. Then it stands to reason that there is another glaring inadequacy out there in the communities we live in. No one addresses the rape of men, even though it goes on much more frequently than we would like to think. Well a few years ago, no one paid much attention to male CSA. So what do we need to do? Who will carry that standard forward? Do we sit back in silence and grumble among ourselves or do we turn up the volume, turn on the spotlight, and draw attention to the problem? I'd be happy to help someone write a book about their experience. Or even an article. But this is just a call to move toward action instead of cursing the dark. Let's light this candle!!! Who is willing to be on a blog with their story out there so the world finally gets it?

#415134 - 11/02/12 06:28 PM Re: Insult to Adult Survivors [Re: LN3(SS)]
BuffaloCO Offline

Loc: USA
My only thought is this...it is not a competition. Not every method, idea, or concept should have to work for everyone to be effective. One act or 100 hundred, abuse is wrong no matter when it happens.

#425600 - 02/17/13 04:23 PM Re: Insult to Adult Survivors [Re: Tyr]
ThisMan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: upper south

Edited by billray (02/17/13 04:25 PM)

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.