Newest Members
JimHouston42, GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS
12466 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
BobbyJay (53), john50049 (57), Samii (34)
Who's Online
6 registered (Sonata1, peroperic2009, tbkkfile, md4e, 2 invisible), 31 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12466 Members
74 Forums
64015 Topics
446755 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#414497 - 10/28/12 12:16 AM Re: Caught in the storm [Re: RunningOnEmpty]
whome Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Johannesburg South Africa
Hi ROE

Sorry for the pain.

As they say in the classics, the shoe makers shoes and the mechanics car? You are a therapist so by implication you shouldnt fix your own problems.
I see you adjusting your behaviours to make him happy and that means you are (.......)
Quote:
I am so drained. His insecurities and fears are making it hard for me to breathe
And
Quote:
I got off of FB because there was a picture of me standing with a male co-worker smiling. He sets these "rules" no hugging another man (I don't even hug!), no friends with men, wants my passwords for email and such, no male can come to our house without him present (not even a neighbor to borrow something), etc. We live in a town of 1500 people and he put an alarm on our house for safety

These are the behaviours of a Co-Dependent. You Are changing your behaviours to suite him, make him calm down.
Pick your battles, fight those you can win and control what you can control. Get a group like CODA, Al-Anon and look after yourself and the kids and the rest will follow.

Heal well
Martin

#414501 - 10/28/12 01:03 AM Re: Caught in the storm [Re: RunningOnEmpty]
RunningOnEmpty Offline

Loc: georgia

Edited by RunningOnEmpty (10/28/12 01:08 AM)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.