Newest Members
kk90, Austintexan, Cancan, LS, PaulnMA
12256 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
closerthenveins (26), Nvolpicelli (24), Sven (19)
Who's Online
3 registered (Kylie, 2 invisible), 41 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12256 Members
73 Forums
63115 Topics
441381 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#414912 - 10/31/12 08:37 PM Re: How do I forgive God? [Re: dark empathy]
phoenix321 Offline

Loc: USA, FL
Originally Posted By: dark empathy
@phenix, I am not sure there really is an answer to the lack of a friend, but again whether I'd attribute this to God I don't know.

I don't attribute it to God. But, from here out, it would be nice if he sent one my way locally who would listen like I did for people here. That need not be a friend.

Edited by phoenix321 (10/31/12 08:38 PM)
Edit Reason: add

A guy opens the front door and sees a snail on his doorstep. He picks up the snail and throws it across the street in a neighbor's yard. A year later, the guy opens the front door and the same snail is on his doorstep. The snail says, "What the f*ck was that about?"

#414995 - 11/01/12 04:45 PM Re: How do I forgive God? [Re: dark empathy]
dark empathy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: durham, north england
Fair enough phenix. I actually had a similar problem at a recent friends' wedding. The service basically boiled down to "god likes people to get married and be together" and it is very tempting of me to ask why, if God is so interested in this hole "holy union" thing he's failed so dysmally with me.

This is something I'm genuinely not sure about, sinse on the one hand I could say the mariage ceremony is just a cultural tradition not really involving God at all and more to do with the fact that for thousands of years having children was a pretty dicy prospect. On the other, I do remember a very close friend of mine (who interestingly enough did not! want children), saying that without god involved, mariage was basically just a legal contract, and it was for this reason she was having the ceremony (a christian but less than traditional one as it happened), at all!

So I'm not really sure what to think about this question.

Do i get angry with God? or do I just ignore it as a cultural matter.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.