Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
DruidWolf (39), Harry (33), knigh50 (53), mike54 (56)
Who's Online
4 registered (Shockwave, Cthulhu, ethereo222, fhorns), 21 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63211 Topics
442001 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#414499 - 10/28/12 12:27 AM Re: Why doesn't the Christian God have a name? [Re: SamV]
ALIVE 3n1 Offline

Loc: Throne Room of God
How does an infinitely pure being condescendingly communicate to a finite impure being? John Calvin summed it up "As a mother coo's to a baby." This definitely has it's shortcomings.

The knowledge that we are able to apprehend is in no way comprehensive.

When we address our Father in Heaven it must always be in Spirit and in Truth. The language that we use conveys the thought behind the words that we use. Even the moans and the tears that are shed in conviction and repentance are lovingly brought to our minds by the Holy Spirit searching our hearts. These too are a form of communication.

One thing that I have realized in my own walk is that the more I learn about God, the Holier in my own mind he becomes. I hope I conveyed that thought in a apprehending language.

Soli Deo Gloria,

Alive

#414533 - 10/28/12 08:49 AM Re: Why doesn't the Christian God have a name? [Re: SamV]
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Talladega, Alabama, USA
Originally Posted By: ALIVE 3in1
The language that we use conveys the thought behind the words that we use. Even the moans and the tears that are shed in conviction and repentance are lovingly brought to our minds by the Holy Spirit searching our hearts.
Absolutely! Well said.

Struggling to communicate verbally what is felt in spirit is universal Alive. In fact, we are told as much, that we need to be drawn into worship and devotion to our God Jehovah, to the son Jesus through such spirit in order to comprehend the "deeper" things. In fact, the Scriptures bring out that He gives us understanding into which the angels desire to peer. 1 Peter 1:12

That we have such a knowledge gifted to us through the spirit helps us to understand these things, but indeed, as such is communicating with our hearts, the struggle is to then put such wonderful truths into verbal praise. This can be likened to a baby trying to communicate with it's mother and indeed a mother trying to communicate with an infant. The sounds are soothing, but to attempt to verbalize that communication would be improbably difficult.

In my personal relationship with God, I find he has always been Powerful, Just, Holy and Wise. Through the relationship with me earthly father, I also saw him as terrible, controlling and fierce. In the last few years I am beginning to build on His Love. In 2009, in May in fact, I was overwhelmed by such a powerful feeling about God, but I could not understand what it was. As I contemplated the feeling, I realized it was forgiveness. I had been taught that Paradise was most likely lost to me, so to have God grant me this gift, this forgiveness was like water to a parched man in the desert. I cried for days, I rejoiced that I knew unequivocally, I was to inherit Paradise. It was like lying in the hands of God, in His bosom position.., amazing. The relationship I have with Him now is vastly different and substantially better than I had controlled by the abuse.

God is wonderful in every way, especially in the way he makes his worshipers feel, each one so very important to him, we truly know who "gets this language" and we proudly serve with them in doing His Will.

Thank you Alive!

#414535 - 10/28/12 09:20 AM Re: Why doesn't the Christian God have a name? [Re: SamV]
BuffaloCO Offline

Loc: USA
How many gods with names like Ra and Apollo have turned out to be nothing but stone statues. Moses asked him his name, being one of the few people to actually hear His voice. He said: tell them I am that I am. This tell's me God is not hung up on a name. Why should He be, he is the Creator, and unique. I can do a lot of things well, but I look like other people, sound like many, have talents that others share so while I am unique in the combination of things that make me who I am and in my DNA, I am still similar to others. God is totally unique. He is the Great I Am. He does not need a name because there is no confusing him with anything else.

#414564 - 10/28/12 03:09 PM Re: Why doesn't the Christian God have a name? [Re: SamV]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

In Hebrew there were many different names for God. Oftentimes a name usually emphasized a particular aspect of Gods character. One of my favorites is Rafa. It means "The Healer." Or "The one who heals."

I think it's ok to use any particular name if it helps you draw closer to God.

#414570 - 10/28/12 04:28 PM Re: Why doesn't the Christian God have a name? [Re: SamV]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
This is so nice thread.
For me personally it is wonderful to have God without name. I would need name if I'd speak to him but as I talk to Him always by my thoughts, in this way I feel Him more close and actually inseparable from me and my spirit.
Additionally my God is so humble that he doesn't have name, he let us to be completely free even we have so many imperfections, His generosity is limitless.
Call Him as you like: Allah, Jehovah, Father etc He is the same God smile

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.