Newest Members
BusterJones, Desperateforhelp, aniceguy, Green_Lantern, Safe11ride
12121 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
corvairman1 (43), marianne (44), son (35), speedy (31)
Who's Online
5 registered (MrEdd, 4 invisible), 65 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12121 Members
73 Forums
62521 Topics
438140 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#41431 - 02/07/03 10:03 PM co-dependent
brian-z Offline

Loc: Western USA
"No man can live for another. He cannot share his spirit just as he cannot share his body. The man who attempts to live for others is a dependent. He is a parasite in motive and makes parasites of those he serves. The relationship produces nothing but mutual corruption. It is impossible in concept. The nearest approach to it in reality--the man who lives to serve others--is the slave. If physical slavery is repulsive, how much more repulsive is the concept of servility of the spirit? The conquered slave has a vestige of honor. He has the merit of having resisted and of considering his condition evil. But the man who enslaves himself voluntarily in the name of love is the basest of creatures. He degrades the dignity of man and he degrades the conception of love." Ayn Rand, THE FOUNTAINHEAD

#41432 - 02/07/03 11:54 PM Re: co-dependent
Sleepy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Arizona, USA
Brian,
Once you realize how codependant your are it's very demoralizing. You realize that you are completely at the mercy of others and it feels like there is nothing you can do about it. I'll I can say is that I'm trying. I'm trying to break free.
mike

"Mental health is a commitment to reality at all times."
--M. Scott Peck

#41433 - 02/08/03 09:04 PM Re: co-dependent
RJD Offline

Loc: jefferson City, Mo,usa
This one had to have been written by a fellow co-dependent:

How many co-dependents does it take to change a light bulb?

None.

We just have to learn to accept the darkness.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.