Newest Members
0128, jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady
12502 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
fakir (71), HelpMeHelpHim32 (41), motherstars (65)
Who's Online
1 registered (0128), 17 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12502 Members
74 Forums
64191 Topics
447939 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#414301 - 10/26/12 02:13 AM Book recommendation.
PoeThePanda Offline

Loc: Ontario
I only came to terms with my "inner" self recently. I suffered from, well still suffer from low self esteem, anxiety and terrible sociability. While having my childhood suppressed I tried to deal with these issues. I wasn't very successful because I never went to the source.

In attempts to gain insight and some inspiration to keep living, or atleast keep trying without actually addressing my past I read a lot of books. Few helped but one author inspired me to live. To practice something called volition. Her name is Ayn Rand. Her books are packed with larger than life characters but the message is powerful. It's about winners winning(survivors), not letting yourself down( perseverance), changing abstract thought into something real(choosing recovery).

I do not guarantee you'll get something from it. But give her a try. Her book Alas Shrugged brought me back to the real world. We lost our inner child, and I for one want to try find him again and have him grow up finally and be strong, but the empty shell we try put him back into needs to be string too.

The type of life presented in the books is hard to achieve but I think it's a good representation of how hard we have to try to get ourselves back.

- Atlas Shrugged
- Fountain head
- Anthem
- The Romantic Manifesto
Right Here.

Do not cower in fear
For when the morning rays mate with the leaves
Through your eyes it will be clear,
That there was actually nothing to fear.

#414318 - 10/26/12 04:53 AM Re: Book recommendation. [Re: PoeThePanda]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Originally Posted By: PoeThePanda
I only came to terms with my "inner" self recently. I suffered from, well still suffer from low self esteem, anxiety and terrible sociability. While having my childhood suppressed I tried to deal with these issues. I wasn't very successful because I never went to the source.

It seems that many of us could easily take your words like own wink
Thanks for recommending nice books Panda!

Pero

#414356 - 10/26/12 11:10 AM Re: Book recommendation. [Re: peroperic2009]
PoeThePanda Offline

Loc: Ontario
You're welcome Pero. Happy reading!
Right Here.

Do not cower in fear
For when the morning rays mate with the leaves
Through your eyes it will be clear,
That there was actually nothing to fear.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.