Newest Members
Bennett, 0128, jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2
12503 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
asdude1981 (33), Avery46 (51), hans32 (46), jean-noel (49), Kirk (59), Kirk Wayne (59), Mechanical (21), OldTrafford (50)
Who's Online
1 registered (traveler), 72 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12503 Members
74 Forums
64193 Topics
447968 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 15 16 >
Topic Options
#413187 - 10/15/12 02:10 PM * [Re: Lancer]
Smalltown80sBoy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Edited by Smalltown80sBoy (04/29/13 12:33 PM)

#413206 - 10/15/12 05:01 PM Re: HIV, Shingles...and CSA [Re: Lancer]
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida
{{{{Gary}}}}

Rough morning. Took pills. Went back to bed. Felt better (pain stopped) the very moment I laid down. Sheesh. Maybe I'll eventually get it.

===========================================================

Felt crappy all day whenever I was up. ("Doc it hurts when I do this." "Don't do that.")

For those of you who missed it, this actually helped (obviously not in my right mind):

#413252 - 10/16/12 07:11 AM Re: HIV, Shingles...and CSA [Re: Lancer]
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Helpful suggestion: Do not place the bottle of hydrogen peroxide next to the Diet Coke bottle. (Came to me while on MS)

Entertainment: using a water-soluble marker, play connect-the-dots with the lesions. (Came to me while soaking)

#413472 - 10/18/12 03:49 AM Re: HIV, Shingles...and CSA [Re: Lancer]
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Just to get it outta my system at this hour. Head's not in a good place.

Refilling the Acyclovir tomorrrow. As I was afraid might happen, had to up the pain meds dosage as my body got used to it and so I could rest. Fortunately, otoh, have been able to cut back the frequency. But I don't like having to do this to keep the pain at bay.

Lesions are showing some beginning signs of healing, but they're still disgusting and make me feel like a damn leper. Had a couple tiny ones show up elsewhere (arms, back, chest), but I recall from last time that's normal. Early signs of neuropathy in the right foot that have jolted me out of sleep and I'll deal with later.

I figure since I made it out to see the T the other day and I can slip out for a refill, I can probably manage groceries. Reward is I'll have fresh produce in here (send rabbit food). Not quite to the point I have to ask someone to do my shopping, but have been close. And, if I'm medicated enuf, I'll do the lawn in the next couple of days...the smell/appearance is truly its own reward and one for which I tell myself I'll gladly pay the price...wtf.

For now, jus' bitching because I can.

(And I still think the Felix Baumgartner audio is fall-down-on-the-floor-crying hysterical)

#413743 - 10/20/12 09:49 AM Re: HIV, Shingles...and CSA [Re: Lancer]
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

An update that I may actually be starting to heal. Yeah, it's a play-by-play...so sue me (as one of my MS buds would say). Lesions have at least dried out. None of it's pretty - got some big, ugly nasties hiding under bandages - but it's an improvement. I think the baking soda soaks and hydrogen peroxide made the diff. Neverfear, I still qualify as an extra for "The Walking Dead".

Attitude is changing a little, but that may have more to do with longer-acting painkiller than anything. When I hold off, I start to hurt again and the mind is quick to follow. Yes, got the rabbit food and the lawn done. Really had to force myself out, but it was "good" for me...I suppose. :-\ Paid for it with a complete crash the next day. Oh yeah, I'm sick. I shouldn't be doing all this stuff...doh! Sounds like it's the Joan of Arc costume for THIS Halloween, huh?

I'm hoping the neuropathy is minimal, but it's started in my right arch, sometimes jolting me awake. Dammit. Hypersensitivity remains elsewhere in the right leg and that really drives me nuts.

Sooo, nine days since start of treatment. Gonna finish off the Acyclovir refill to make sure.

Appreciate the encouragement in your PMs guys (i.e., laffing at my bad jokes). Not quite out of the woods, but feel like this round is going better than the last.

#414133 - 10/24/12 06:24 AM Re: HIV, Shingles...and CSA [Re: Lancer]
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Improvements definitely underway. Some sores are actually healing. I've ventured to wear shorts and sandals again. Leg looks more like it lost an argument with stuff kicked up by the weedeater instead of looking like leprosy. Believe it or not, that's progress!

Huge relief I've been able to halve my painkiller dosages. I can understand how people get hooked on the stuff. Wish I could relax and just enjoy the relief, but the sh*t scares me. Still doing baking soda tub soaks at least once a day, but it's taken a lot out of my energy level. Man, I should write a book.

Even ventured a session with my massage therapist who's a determined chap and felt it necessary to work the areas that had - for lack of a better term - atrophied a bit. I know it's for a good cause, but sheesh! Damn lucky to have him around.

#414240 - 10/25/12 09:18 AM Re: HIV, Shingles...and CSA [Re: Lancer]
lapchinj Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
Hey Lancer,

I'm sorry I didn't have a joke or vid to make the pain more bearable, and I'm terribly sorry your going though your pain but this thread has me on a roll. I can't say I never had a really bad case of shingles except when I was doing some roofing in a thunderstorm before the summer camps opened up for the summer.

I see you have a lot of really great friends here at MS. That's a great help for all of us.This thread picked up my spirits also, I think I'll have a good day at work and I really hope it made your day better under the circumstances.

Peace,Rainbows & Healing
Jeff

#414256 - 10/25/12 02:13 PM Re: HIV, Shingles...and CSA [Re: Lancer]
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

lol...you're a treasure, as always Jeff. However, although the lesions are healing (at what seems like an accelerated rate to me) and I can now wear the bermudas sometimes, there's the lingering neuropathy that drives me nuts. (It's like having an ice pick shoved into your foot in the middle of the night). So, you still have time to make your contribution of sick, tasteless jokes. I thrive on 'em. Climbing on the roof during a thunderstorm sounds like a terrific sport.

Perfect timing, too. Had some lingering pain that hasn't quit today. I'm getting things done, but my mood isn't that great. And you gave it a boost. Thank you!

And, man, you are SO right. I DO have a lot of really great friends here at MS, as you do. I have no idea how I would have made the past several months with my sanity intact otherwise.

#414269 - 10/25/12 07:29 PM Re: HIV, Shingles...and CSA [Re: Lancer]
lapchinj Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
Peace,Rainbows & Healing

#414279 - 10/25/12 10:30 PM Re: HIV, Shingles...and CSA [Re: Lancer]
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

OMG...I actually remember Ben Casey! (See? I'm old, too!) Well, there you have it doctor! Wow, I actually have an MS doctor now...in black and white.

I think the buried treasure line qualifies for a joke. Better than Interweb jokes, imo.

I'm envious of your USAF background. (Dad was Navy, just post-Normandy, Anvil One, Bougnan Bay). Would love to hear more about it when/if you're inclined. My lottery number came up - something like 189 - but the whole thing was history in a few months. And at the time the military wasn't the place to be. Given my penchant for some team sports/activities pre-CSA I think it would have been great for me. I did go on to learn to fly for a while. Wasn't until 15 years later I recaptured some of that feeling with a terrific running club here. A bit like MS, I really like the whole fraternal thing, like brothers I never had.

Page 3 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 15 16 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.