Newest Members
Xr2, clt, Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung
12371 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
drivejoepublic (44), eagle299 (43), H18 (21), JJJ (43), mariposaman (63), SevenTwoTwo76 (39), TexAgMan (37), waiter (44), wgwarch (55)
Who's Online
7 registered (Damian1974, pattom, peroperic2009, 3 invisible), 32 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12371 Members
74 Forums
63589 Topics
444235 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#413982 - 10/22/12 06:36 PM Being called
Country Offline

Loc: Alabama
I have felt this calling of some sort on my life. I don't want to jump to any assumption tho. I want God to define clearly what it is. Either starting a small group at my church for men who have been sexually abused or getting involved in some sort of ministry. Maybe prison ministry , our church does a lot of that. I am just going to wait and pray for Gods will in my life. I know there is something for me to do to add to the kingdom.
Ephesians 6:13

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.

Ephesians 5:25

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her

#414040 - 10/23/12 07:46 AM Re: Being called [Re: Country]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Pray hard brother.

I too have felt a "calling" in my life since I was only 12 or 13. I haven't figured it out yet, BUT I'm confident it does deal with groups for the wounded and/or addicted.

I also teach Sunday School, which is something that I stepped out of recently, but the pull of it was so strong I could not, not teach. Kinda felt like Paul did when he said he couldn't possibly stop preaching the gospel even if he wanted to. It's just something that comes out and it has to come out.

So I teach, and feel a huge pull toward healing ministries.

One "possible" indicator is your very life experiences. For example, I am uniquely qualified to work wife survivors of sexual abuse and those with sexual addictions.

Pray and Fast and ask God for wisdom and discernment. Believe it, He'll definitely answer. He promises to give us whatever we ask for if we pray according to His will.

#414042 - 10/23/12 07:58 AM Re: Being called [Re: Country]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
Country and Scott -

there may well be more for each of you to do in service for the Lord in the future. BUT - for now - i believe that what you are doing right here and now on the MS forums is God's call for you. you have both encouraged and counseled and prayed for me - and have helped me grow and heal both emotionally and spiritually. i am sure that is the case for many others who you've responded to as well as some who have read your posts and may not even have ever posted themselves.

so - keep on doing what you are doing - and keep on seeking God's guidance for the next step.

thanks for being faithful with whatever you have.
Lee
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#414118 - 10/24/12 01:34 AM Re: Being called [Re: Country]
Country Offline

Well thank you for the nice words and thoughts guys. And Lee you know I feel the same way about you brother. We help each other and that is what this is all about. I look up to you and Scott. More than y'all know. We come here and we are truly blessed to have each other to lean on. Just know that in pray for everyone here on this site. We have all had our debated at times but it makes us stronger. We are not perfect at all. I love all you guys.

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her

#414122 - 10/24/12 02:00 AM Re: Being called [Re: Country]
phoenix321 Offline

Loc: USA, FL
Originally Posted By: Country
Well thank you for the nice words and thoughts guys. And Lee you know I feel the same way about you brother. We help each other and that is what this is all about. I look up to you and Scott. More than y'all know. We come here and we are truly blessed to have each other to lean on. Just know that in pray for everyone here on this site. We have all had our debated at times but it makes us stronger. We are not perfect at all. I love all you guys.

Country, Many are called, few are chosen. Before you take up the call, make sure you have a good support system (it's a thankless job and gets worse every year) and are emotionally well yourself and make sure you aren't calling yourself to avoid fixing you. I wish you well, just make sure you're ready. I read the Baptist once had thirty or something ministers leave the profession a month. Peace.

Edited by phoenix321 (10/24/12 02:01 AM)

A guy opens the front door and sees a snail on his doorstep. He picks up the snail and throws it across the street in a neighbor's yard. A year later, the guy opens the front door and the same snail is on his doorstep. The snail says, "What the f*ck was that about?"

#414123 - 10/24/12 02:17 AM Re: Being called [Re: Country]
Country Offline

I agree Phoenix. I don't want to do out of my own feelings. It has been weighing in me for a little while now. I am waiting for God to direct me. I have a friend who said he was called to do something and turns out it was him calling himself. That will never work. I am fine with just being part of the flock but I just want to be and do what God wants me too. Thanks for the advice

#414155 - 10/24/12 11:26 AM Re: Being called [Re: Country]
monkey Offline

Loc: IL
Country,
I have been waiting for that call from God as well to start a CSA group for men in my church or a ministry and willing to jump when He says GO. Just waiting and praying for the door that He opens up to say come in and show me how to go about it. I am in with ya, bro!

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.