Newest Members
JHNebraska, mike42069, JACKL, Personman, SiegmundNYC
12490 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
kb8715 (114), rom2057 (57), terrapin (51)
Who's Online
1 registered (Obi), 16 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12490 Members
74 Forums
64158 Topics
447691 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#414005 - 10/22/12 10:53 PM Re: emotions [Re: phoenix321]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
Phoenix - i think that if you feel anger, you are capable of feeling other emotions as well.

my situation was just the opposite. i was not able to feel anger. i know it is in there but can't get to it to express it in an honest, authentic way. i know my "depression" hid a lot of other emotions that i didn't want to feel.

but i have heard that anger is usually a way of reacting to some other emotion - like a short-cut or default to a situation that causes distress of some kind. and that sometimes if we dig beneath the anger - try to slow it down or backtrack, we can figure out what is triggering the anger. there may be some other emotions there that are not felt or allowed because the anger comes out as such an immediate and automatic response. it is more powerful and the other emotions may be more painful so anger is a way of avoiding the other bad stuff. might be worth considering.

just a thought...
Lee
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#414011 - 10/22/12 11:36 PM Re: emotions [Re: traveler]
phoenix321 Offline

Loc: USA, FL
Lee,

I think without being around others in the flesh it ain't happening. I've looked high and low for a support group with CSA (and child abuse) and found zippo. I have no money for shrinks, period. Honestly, I don't need another one lying about themselves and feeding me a bunch of bullshit anyway. I'm too vulnerable and still very angry at the 12 con artists, er, shrinks from my past. It is exactly like being raped what they did to me. I don't know what to do. God has to do something, or this is not gonna work.

A guy opens the front door and sees a snail on his doorstep. He picks up the snail and throws it across the street in a neighbor's yard. A year later, the guy opens the front door and the same snail is on his doorstep. The snail says, "What the f*ck was that about?"

#414027 - 10/23/12 01:33 AM Re: emotions [Re: phoenix321]
Country Offline

Loc: Alabama
Phoenix,
I will pray for you friend.
Ephesians 6:13

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.

Ephesians 5:25

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her

#414029 - 10/23/12 02:32 AM Re: emotions [Re: Country]
phoenix321 Offline

Loc: USA, FL
Originally Posted By: Country
Phoenix,
I will pray for you friend.

Thank you.

A guy opens the front door and sees a snail on his doorstep. He picks up the snail and throws it across the street in a neighbor's yard. A year later, the guy opens the front door and the same snail is on his doorstep. The snail says, "What the f*ck was that about?"

#414276 - 10/25/12 09:37 PM Re: emotions [Re: phoenix321]
LAV25 Offline

Originally Posted By: phoenix321
Lee,

I think without being around others in the flesh it ain't happening. I've looked high and low for a support group with CSA (and child abuse) and found zippo. I have no money for shrinks, period. Honestly, I don't need another one lying about themselves and feeding me a bunch of bullshit anyway. I'm too vulnerable and still very angry at the 12 con artists, er, shrinks from my past. It is exactly like being raped what they did to me. I don't know what to do. God has to do something, or this is not gonna work.

Dude no matter what don't stop trying to move on or give up on life at all thats just saying you're weak. everyday you live is one more slap in the face to these assholes

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.