Newest Members
dspwilson, Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated
12384 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
4gettingthepast4 (32), DougL (53), Jeff38 (48), lfp (27), pats121 (75), Texan (57), zer0sleep (35)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 24 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12384 Members
74 Forums
63653 Topics
444536 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#413831 - 10/21/12 03:28 PM I see sex as evil
DarkHadou Offline

like vampires sucking blood and everyone thinking that's okay, it's normal, this evil is in us, we must work a way to not let it control us

#413835 - 10/21/12 05:00 PM Re: I see sex as evil [Re: DarkHadou]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Me too. That's my usual subconscious thought.

I have to work on not generalizing my thought that adult peeple (sic people) are evil too.

Puffer

#413837 - 10/21/12 05:10 PM Re: I see sex as evil [Re: DarkHadou]
Country Offline

Loc: Alabama
It is easy for a survivor to see sex as evil. To even feel guilty about it. We should see the abuse and manipulation as what was evil and not the sex. It ain't easy to do tho. Just my opinion.
Ephesians 6:13

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.

Ephesians 5:25

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her

#413842 - 10/21/12 07:15 PM Re: I see sex as evil [Re: DarkHadou]
DarkHadou Offline

I like to think this way. I won't give in. I masturbate, yes, but that's just a substitute for the real thing which is blood, so right now it's like substitute blood for me. I refuse to drink real blood.

#413855 - 10/21/12 09:08 PM Re: I see sex as evil [Re: DarkHadou]
Casmir213 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Northeast, USA
Originally Posted By: DarkHadou
I see sex as evil....we must work a way to not let it control us

Dark Hadou,

Have you applied logic to what you are saying here. We were all created from acts of sex. How could it be evil?

peace,

Caz

WoR Alumnus - Hope Springs, OH, October 2009

My avatar is the farmhouse at the Hope Spring, OH WoR. It's a nice place.

#413872 - 10/21/12 11:16 PM Re: I see sex as evil [Re: DarkHadou]
Logan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY
I used tho feel this way and have for most of my life.

I have worked so very hard with my therapist, even/especially getting into the nitty-gritty of the topic with all sorts of scary topics and discussions and now at 31yrs old have allowed myself to experience my first real relationship and it is Truly AMAZINING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree that sex all by it self is not that great because there is no compassion and love or at least interest besides sex for another person. I think there really needs to be that.
One must Like ThemSELVES 1st and then also allow themselves to be open enough to allow another person to like to them (you).
This is what i have found out to be the case for me and I truly believe this to the fullest extent!!!
I have ....
I guess i may as well say it
I have gone looking for sex, just for the act alone and always, ALWAYS felt so, soooo ASHAMED afterwards and continued to repeat this pattern until I sort out help, and realized that I was only trying to recreate what had happened to me so many times before, by trying to gain some kind for control out of it----BUT it NEVER, NEVER felt like I gained anything from it.
I now give my self permission (and thats a big step) to Forgive myself for those self punitive experiences of which I now realize Is Classic of someone who has been through the CSA type trauma that most of us here have unfortunately bin through.

Please go easy on your self pal, and go though it in steps; One day at a time.
you are a good person even if you don't feel that way or believe it right now, and that is ok, but in time you will see that, that is if you continue on this incredibly difficult Journey.
But It REALY, TRULY Does get better. I am living proof!!

Take care of the most important thing right now, YOU!
Sincerely,
Logan
-Blade Runner

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.