Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Daniel McKinney (35), Framery (44), JohanDoug (70), ltlkty (55)
Who's Online
1 registered (YYZGIRL), 24 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63179 Topics
441787 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#413428 - 10/17/12 04:11 PM HATE SPEECH ABOUNDS: I CAN'T STAND IT
tshodson Offline

This kind of hate speech and hate rhetoric just sets me off...

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/15/us/see...tw-nytimes&

ANTI-BULLYING DOES NOT EQUATE TO GAY AGENDA...

I am tired of labels...gay, straight, bi, etc. We are NOT subject to labeling...We are not in boxes with our sexuality...Almost all of us are on some type of continuum...

Whether someone is gay, straight, or bi MAKES NO DIFFERENCE on the person's entitlement to human dignity or the person being worthwhile as a human being.

As individuals, I do not think we can stay quiet anymore and let bullying, discrimination and deprivation of civil rights continue. We cannot turn our heads and pretend we don't see the hurt, the pain and the suicides this hate causes. We have all been subjects of hatred or abuse in some way...Look what it did to us and for us.

I publicly intend to call haters out on what they are doing and especially if they do it under the guise of religion. I, as an individual, will put a spotlight on this type of lunacy...Hate and discrimination
breeds in the darkness and when people are afraid to challenge the haters and the bullies.

I am no longer afraid. Fear will not keep me silent to human abuses.

This is just my private rant that I share with my brothers...but I also will publicly take on anyone who will not give our gay brothers equal rights...

#413669 - 10/19/12 04:13 PM * [Re: tshodson]
Smalltown80sBoy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Edited by Smalltown80sBoy (04/29/13 12:37 PM)

#413712 - 10/19/12 11:04 PM Re: HATE SPEECH ABOUNDS: I CAN'T STAND IT [Re: tshodson]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: back in the USA
i get it, Gary & ts.

though i never identified myself as gay, i get very defensive when people "diss" someone for their orientation. it is ironic because a few people i've told about my past assume that i should hate gays - assuming that the perps were of "that" identity. actually what happened was that i was the one who got the gay label while the perps were seen as macho. crazy but true. but because i was labeled as gay and treated that way, i have great empathy for the prejudice that is out there.

can't we all just get along?
lee

Edited by traveler (10/19/12 11:05 PM)
and though badly hurt at times, we are not destroyed.
- Paul, II Cor 4:8-9

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.