Newest Members
mojo, James M, FredM88, Vermona, Jas52
12111 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
chrisH (34), Malaki619 (32), worcester2003 (51)
Who's Online
3 registered (CafeMan, pete1973, Rich1967), 96 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12111 Members
73 Forums
62499 Topics
438053 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#413631 - 10/19/12 09:21 AM Introduction
Camber Offline

Loc: Western Australia
G'day my name is Camber I live in Western Australia. When I was 15 I got raped by a bloke who employed me to do a garden make-over and general clean-up at a house he owned. He put a drug in my drink and took a video. For the past nearly 9 years i've been dealing with this thing by myself basically. I have only told one close mate (friend). Someone I was chatting to online put me in touch with this group. I hope I can get help and help other people as well especially guys who have been raped while on the job.

#413635 - 10/19/12 09:57 AM Re: Introduction [Re: Camber]
unhappycamper Offline

Loc: VA
Yo, Camber (as we say in the States these days). I also had a one-off rape by a non-family pervert, though I was pre-teen and it was at a summer camp. I didn't tell anybody for 35 years, and that was a BIG mistake--not only for the years of personal problems, but also it's too late now to track the guy (bloke) down, much less file a complaint. You're wise to get started on recovery now, after "only" 9 years.

I think it's a net benefit that pervs these days have the technology to make video's of their actions--it's often a big help to cops and prosecutors. I hope the video this WA perv made figures (or figured) in his conviction! Peace.

John

#413640 - 10/19/12 11:15 AM Re: Introduction [Re: Camber]
BuffaloCO Offline

Loc: USA
Welcome to the site Camber. Though I am sorry you have to be here it is a safe place and has a lot of good resources. I am new too, and while my story is different from yours, I am learning we all have shared hurts and struggles. I hope you find help and strength here as I have. You can PM me or talk to people in chat as well. You have taken a solid step towards healing smile!

#413663 - 10/19/12 03:46 PM Re: Introduction [Re: Camber]
ANDREW63 Offline

Loc: Australia
G'Day Camber , WELCOME to MS i just wish that none of us HAD to find MS but i am so glad that we have , this is a terrific site with a lot of guys that you can call friends .Have you seen a therapist yet ? i found that the best thing is to talk about what happened . take it easy Mate ...Andrew.

#413668 - 10/19/12 04:07 PM Re: Introduction [Re: Camber]
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida
G'day mate! As you can see, you've brothers all over the world here to help you, not just Oz.

Dealing with this by yourself for nine years is too damned much for anyone to have to do. I really hope you can find some relief and peace here. Yeah, let the floodgates open.

A lot of stories here to examine. Try not to read too many at once. I'll second Andrew's suggestion about finding a therapist (in MS-speak we call 'em Ts for some reason).

#413706 - 10/19/12 10:22 PM Re: Introduction [Re: Camber]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Welcome Camber. Ditto's (American for "I agree") to whats been said already. I was drugged and raped at 13, but waited 42 years to deal with it, so even your 9 years puts you way ahead of me, to your benefit. Get a T and run with it while you have the chance to make your life whole again. PM anytime.

Jude
I turned to look but it was gone
I cannot put my finger on it now
The child is grown, the dream is gone
And I have become comfortably numb."
Pink Floyd

#413715 - 10/20/12 12:42 AM Re: Introduction [Re: Camber]
Gary31 Offline

Loc: Upstate NY
Greetings Camber.

I am new to this site as well. In the few days I have been on I have already found that my thoughts and actions that I considered abnormal in life are shared by this brotherhood. My story is different from yours, but the hurt and struggles I'm sure are the same. Welcome and glad your here, but sorry you have to be!

#413748 - 10/20/12 11:45 AM Re: Introduction [Re: Gary31]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
Hi, my fraternal brother from "Down Under."

Welcome to MS. Here you will receive compassion, understanding & hope, from your brothers (fraternal) & (friends in pain).

We all have been there. We have been into the depths of our soul & hell too.

We will hear your cries. We will help in your fears & share in your tears.

Be prepared for the emotional roller coaster ride of your life.

We have a lot to offer here in MS, as you can see.

You will also notice that there a quite a few of your Australian brothers here too. Perhaps some are near you & can help bring you along on this road to understanding & recovery.

So, my fraternal brother from "Down Under" Camber, wishing you well in healing. You are on your way.

"I will take that lost boys hand, and I will lead him from the depths of darkness, into the sunshine, forever into eternity." As he is me.

Pete..Irishmoose.
May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

#413858 - 10/21/12 09:37 PM Re: Introduction [Re: Camber]
kcinohio Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
Welcome Camber! Hope you too find the forums here helpful.

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.