Newest Members
Drew6991x, Miro, jj843, The Abyss, JW1230
12363 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
40035 (55), Brayton (60), DavidJ (65), Grout (29), JJM33 (43), RockyMtJoe (66)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 24 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12363 Members
74 Forums
63536 Topics
443896 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#413630 - 10/19/12 09:13 AM His name is Aaron Fischer
cant_remember Offline
MaleSurvivor

Aaron Fischer, known to us as Sandusky Victim #1, is my hero.

Aaron, if you're reading this, thank you so much.

http://www.coloradoan.com/usatoday/article/1642577

#413679 - 10/19/12 05:22 PM Re: His name is Aaron Fischer [Re: cant_remember]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: cant_remember

Yes, I completely agree. He definitely is a hero to all of us.

Thank you Aaron.

You have changed the world for all survivors for the better.

Puffer

#413707 - 10/19/12 10:34 PM Re: His name is Aaron Fischer [Re: pufferfish]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

I just finished watching the ABC News' 20/20 program on Sandusky Victim #1 Aaron Fisher. The program brought out the great difficulty and bullying and persistence he had to undergo to get the point across. It took 3 years before Sandusky was arrested. Everybody believed 'that Sandusky walked on water'. They wouldn't believe his report.

It was really great. The boy that slew the giant.

I put his book in my shopping cart to be ordered later when it comes out.

Silent No More: Victim 1's Fight for Justice Against Jerry Sandusky, by Aaron Fisher

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0345544161/

Puffer

Edited by pufferfish (10/19/12 10:44 PM)

#413739 - 10/20/12 09:23 AM Re: His name is Aaron Fischer [Re: pufferfish]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: Cant_remember

Originally Posted By: Pufferfish
I just finished watching the ABC News' 20/20 program with Chris Cuomo on Sandusky Victim #1 Aaron Fisher. The program brought out the great difficulty and bullying and persistence he had to undergo to get the point across. It took 3 years before Sandusky was arrested. Everybody believed 'that Sandusky walked on water'. They wouldn't believe his report.

Silent No More: Victim 1's Fight for Justice Against Jerry Sandusky, by Aaron Fisher

Puffer

I watched the interview last night on ABC'S 20/20 with Chris Cuomo. This is the story as I remember seeing it. Aaron Fisher, identified as victim #1, told his story in a very credible manner in the interview. He had signed up with the organization Second Mile at age 10. Sandusky soon started grooming him. He took him to major football games and started spending time with him. Sandusky told Aaron that he had a great future as an athlete. He started asking Aaron to his home. Aaron described the basement of Sandusky's home as having lots of game equipment and things to do. We now know what else went on in Sandusky's home.

Aaron told his Mom and they went together to the school office. The school official(s) there refused to believe him and to act in his defense. Aaron told of the great difficulty he had in pressing his story. We know that 3 years elapsed. He and his mother were upset enough to press the issue. They took the matter to the local police and then the state police without the school's intervention. The school officials (may have been the principal, names were given during the program) refused to believe him or to act to defend him. Sandusky would come into the school freely and during school hours and ask to see Aaron. The school would call Aaron to the office. They were going to deliver Aaron to Sandusky, whom they believed to be a saint trying to help Aaron. They had refused to believe that something was "going on". Aaron had to hide within the school so that he wouldn't be found. ABC news interviewed the Pennsylvania State Policeman. The police apparently hesitated at first but then started an investigation which led to the arrest and conviction. Parts of that interview were aired in ABC's 20/20 last night. They (ABC News) tried to query the 2 school officials but the school officials ran from the camera.

Puffer

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/jerry-sandusky-victim-aaron-fisher-interview-2012-witness-17515854

Edited by pufferfish (10/20/12 09:58 AM)

#413741 - 10/20/12 09:46 AM Re: His name is Aaron Fischer [Re: pufferfish]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

This news from Reuters:

Teen says Sandusky chased him in car as he ran away.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/10/20/us-usa-pennstate-victim-idUSBRE89J03820121020

Originally Posted By: Reuters

"He once followed my bus home from school," Fisher said. "I took off running but he drove on the opposite side of the street, onto oncoming traffic to catch up with me. I ran up an alley and he went to my house and parked out front."
When he was 15, Fisher broke down and told his mother, Dawn Daniels, and the school's principal, Karen Probst, that Sandusky was sexually abusing him.

Originally Posted By: Aaron Fisher to ABC News 20/20 reported by Reuters

"It's a fact that I lost a good portion of my childhood," he told ABC. "I endured heartaches and numerous amounts of people who didn't believe me and walked away from me."

Puffer

#413759 - 10/20/12 03:40 PM Re: His name is Aaron Fischer [Re: cant_remember]
cant_remember Offline
MaleSurvivor

This is much more action-movie-ish than I ever imagined. Hiding inside the school while Sandusky waited for him in the office? Being chased on foot by Sandusky driving *against* traffic?

Unreal. Just totally unreal. Sandusky was right about one thing: Aaron does have a bright future.

What's most damning about this story is it blows a giant hole into the rationale for Sandusky's appeal, which is that he didn't have enough time to prepare. He should have been preparing for his defense *LONG* before his arrest.

Aaron Fischer, you're my hero.

Cant

#415738 - 11/08/12 09:46 PM Re: His name is Aaron Fischer [Re: pufferfish]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: pufferfish
I just finished watching the ABC News' 20/20 program on Sandusky Victim #1 Aaron Fisher. The program brought out the great difficulty and bullying and persistence he had to undergo to get the point across. It took 3 years before Sandusky was arrested. Everybody believed 'that Sandusky walked on water'. They wouldn't believe his report.

My new copy of Aaron's book arrived in my mail box this afternoon. I'm enthusiastic about reading it. Of course I haven't read it yet.

Puffer

#415747 - 11/08/12 11:48 PM Re: His name is Aaron Fischer [Re: cant_remember]
cant_remember Offline
MaleSurvivor

Be careful reading it all at once. I took it in spurts. It's great.

Cant

#415750 - 11/09/12 12:42 AM Re: His name is Aaron Fischer [Re: cant_remember]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: cant_remember
Be careful reading it all at once. I took it in spurts. It's great.

Thanks. I'll remember that. I had to stop reading Jaycee Lee Dugard's book. I was getting too upset.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzaRmuuokQ0

Puffer

#416864 - 11/21/12 09:37 PM Re: His name is Aaron Fischer [Re: pufferfish]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: pufferfish

I'm really getting a lot out of this book. I'm not finished with it yet however.

It talks about stuff I either had as a boy or stuff I've experienced in my recovery. Bad dreams. I had very bad dreams as a boy. I guess "he" had told me these things: If you ever tell, I will find you and kill you. The dreams I know I had then were repetitious and of reading in the newspaper that the police had found bodies hacked into pieces and put into various sewers around the city. I guess I also sleep walked. I remember once my sister asked why I was doing that.

When Aaron felt very troubled, he had "conversion symptoms". I had those, and I had them fairly recently. A couple weeks after the abuse and torture, I was still 12 ,we went to a swimming hole. The sight of boys swimming around (in swim trunks), made me very sick. I was sick for 2 days. Aaron got conversion symptoms when waiting for the Sandusky arrest. When I went to the big city to testify to an authoritative committee what happened when I was 12, my back became so intensively painful that I could barely walk. I had to request a wheel chair to change planes. Within 15 minutes after I was through giving my testimony, the pain eased. By the next day I was walking around the city in the sunshine.

Puffer

Edited by pufferfish (11/21/12 09:38 PM)

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.