Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cards (33), korbin2003 (39), Rosemary (53), Zebra (47)
Who's Online
2 registered (Suwanee, focusedbody), 16 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63212 Topics
442011 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#413641 - 10/19/12 11:29 AM .
jay75 Offline

-Jay-

#413649 - 10/19/12 01:13 PM Re: TAG YOUR IT!!!! [Re: jay75]
WVguy Offline

Loc: Upstate New York
To me it sounds almost like what I refer to as the face I wear for the outside world. That Mike never gets angry, is quick witted, quick to make a joke, and in general seems like a pretty happy guy. He's usually around when I am around other people, even though he feels like he doesn't totally "fit in" either. Then there is the dark Mike, he can sit for days in the blackest of depression and literally not have a single word come out of his mouth. He is quick to anger and incredibly slow to calm, he hates everything and everyone around him. He has no sympathy for anyone but himself and feels that life has just cheated him and no one understands that about him. He is the guy that would suggest firing someone with small children they are trying to take care of because they've been late for work a few times. He's callous and mean. Both are me and I have to accept that I believe to move on. I don't think you have multiple personalities (I am not expert mind you), but from what I understand people with multiple personality disorder don't even know about their other personalities. I used to be able to snap back and forth the way you do, until too many stresses just cracked that mask and made it unwearable anymore. Now I am just trying to rectify the two men into one whole healthy man.

#413653 - 10/19/12 02:00 PM Re: TAG YOUR IT!!!! [Re: jay75]
monkey Offline

Loc: IL
That is a good description of how I deal with my daily life. You put it all into the right words I have been feeling. I think more of the two "personalities" as separate masks that I put on. My CSA mask is "Monkey"(because that was my nickname back then), and the mask that most see is "Mark"(my real name). Monkey is a skiddish energetic little tyke full of repressed and timid emotions gone wild and uncontrollable. Very emotional and scared of the outside world and just wants to play by himself where he is safe in his jungle and no one can hurt him. Mark is a very social creature and loves new adventures and always has a smile on his face. You could say that my masks look similar to the Comedy/Tragedy mask of theatre.
Sometimes I have allowed Mark to put on the Monkey mask for those that he trusts will not judge him. Namely my closest friends. In those times I am allowed to break down and show my true emotions and convey my feelings(basically unload my garbage on them) for them to understand the monkey in me. They join me in the trees of my jungle and play with me just for a little bit. Then it is time for them to go. Takes me a while after that to be comfortable to put the Mark mask back on, wipe away the tears and hurt, ready to face the world again.

#413694 - 10/19/12 06:28 PM Re: TAG YOUR IT!!!! [Re: jay75]
jay75 Offline

WVguy and monkey

Thanks for sharing guys. I find comfort knowing im not the only one. it better helps me to understand myself and why it is I do the things I do. Also helps me identify what would be considerd the "Norm" as it pertains to CSA..

-Jay-

#413698 - 10/19/12 08:02 PM Re: TAG YOUR IT!!!! [Re: jay75]
cant_remember Offline
MaleSurvivor

Jay,

What you're describing is a dissociative disorder, and it is common here at MS, as children who experience trauma (especially sexual trauma) have a way of using a child's plastic understanding of reality to create new personalities/identities to help cope.

You can do some research on DID -- dissociative identity disorder -- for more information on this. You are certainly not alone.

Cant

#413737 - 10/20/12 08:08 AM Re: TAG YOUR IT!!!! [Re: jay75]
jay75 Offline

Can't

Thanks, I have read about DID, I guess I do identify with it. I think I have been avoiding the clinical diagnosis because it would solidify or attribute my behaviors to CSA, making the effects even more of a reality. I find myself scrutinizing my behavior more now than ever before trying to prove to myself that things are not linked to CSA. but in the grand scheme of things I feel I may just be trying to fool myself.

Thanks again guys

-Jay-

#413797 - 10/21/12 07:14 AM Re: TAG YOUR IT!!!! [Re: jay75]
Dragon Boy Offline

Loc: uk
There is a whole dissociative spectrum not just full blown DID. It sounds likemaybe you dissociate but not to the full extent of DID. Try reading up about more general dissociation and DDNOS and see what you think.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.