Newest Members
RodrigoBR, MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two
12332 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cricket453 (60)
Who's Online
1 registered (dan_in_newengland), 16 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12332 Members
74 Forums
63412 Topics
443343 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#413534 - 10/18/12 03:44 PM Link to Boy Scout Perversion Files
Undefeated Offline

Loc: Colorado, USA
The site seems to be overwhelmed, but when it calms down, here is the link:

Boy Scout Ineligible Volunteer Files (Perversion Files) (1965 – 1985)

#413539 - 10/18/12 04:22 PM Re: Link to Boy Scout Perversion Files [Re: Undefeated]
Wheatthins Offline

Loc: ohio
lol, all the traffic killed the site. Go figure

#413540 - 10/18/12 04:28 PM Re: Link to Boy Scout Perversion Files [Re: Undefeated]
Undefeated Offline

Yeah! frown I am trying to get to the M's to see if my perp is there and it says, "Unable to connect."

Lots of perps and I suspect even more that never made it on the list. I won't be surprised either way, if mine is listed or not. Several years ago, I reported him to them, just in case he was still involved in Scouting. It made me mad when I read that a lot of perps were perged from the files when they reached the age of 75. mad Mine is 80 now.

Alan

#413543 - 10/18/12 04:41 PM Re: Link to Boy Scout Perversion Files [Re: Undefeated]
Undefeated Offline

My perp's name isn't on there!!! mad

He really got by with it.

#413546 - 10/18/12 05:19 PM Re: Link to Boy Scout Perversion Files [Re: Undefeated]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
I haven't looked at it yet because there is probably heavy traffic on the site. But just think what that means! There are thousands of us out there trying to discern if our perps are listed. That means to me that there were possibly many thousands of perps in the Boy Scouts. Am I being unreasonable? Probably only a fraction were apprehended or reported. I think also that in the 1950's when I was abused, the dangers to boys were simply NOT recognized. I already mentioned that the scouts when I was in it were rife with abuse and sexual activity (older boys teaching younger, etc.). None of these to my knowledge are listed. CSA of boys in our society is still probably largely unrecognized. Some of them were very crafty and escaped detection.

There is a book written about a Boy Scout leader who bragged about abusing over 1000 Boy Scouts by himself. The book is: Conversations With a Pedophile, by Amy Carter Zabin. I think he was in Texas. He was very clever. He had the ability to deceive parents and community leaders that he was a nice guy. He was a computer programmer. He moved into town and immediately volunteered to be a Boy Scout leader. He also joined a church because it was connected with a Scout troop. He bragged that his ultimate joy was to completely break the boys' will. sick I read his book. The book now sells for as much as $189 or $500 for a new copy. This book should be read by therapists and law enforcement people. He was convicted and is serving a life sentence:

http://www.amazon.com/Conversations-Pedophile-Interest-our-Children/dp/1569802475/

Puffer

#413549 - 10/18/12 05:55 PM Re: Link to Boy Scout Perversion Files [Re: Undefeated]
Wheatthins Offline

Loc: ohio
I think its important to point out here that undoubtedly there are going to be some case files if you read them that were simply about people put on the list for being gay and had nothing to do with CSA.

#413573 - 10/18/12 08:14 PM Re: Link to Boy Scout Perversion Files [Re: Undefeated]
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida
Nope. My perp isn't there...at least the school got him (but, like BSA, left me behind to save their precious goddamned reputation).

What I did discover is that the link is more reliable routed thru their homepage: http://www.kellyclarkattorney.com/

#413583 - 10/18/12 09:08 PM Re: Link to Boy Scout Perversion Files [Re: Undefeated]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
i wonder why this collection of files only goes back to 1965 - when the other records start in - what - 1949?

1965 just cuts off my experience as being too long ago. unless the same people were continuing for a while after that date - which i suppose is likely. i will look into it when i feel steadier - and when the first rush is over.

but most of my abusers were other scouts - not the adult leaders pe se - unless the adults were the original perps who set off the chain of events. i can't even remember any of them. maybe that is significant?

Lee
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#413585 - 10/18/12 09:16 PM Re: Link to Boy Scout Perversion Files [Re: Undefeated]
RunningOnEmpty Offline

Loc: georgia
When I was 15 and my brother 14- my brothers Boy Scout leader invited us on a 2 week hike through the Appalachian mts. just the 3 of us- no other adult. i hurt my foot pretty bad the first day so on day 2 my brother and I were left at a hostel (my mom was coming to get us) and the Boy Scout leader went on by himself.
A few weeks later we heard that he and his wife were arrested for sex acts with multiple boys.
He was a Boy Scout leader for years, a 4th grade teacher, and was the "counselor" for the YMCA and took groups of 10 kids overnight for a week at a time (only adult). I also babysat for his 2 little girls for an entire summer.
He never tried anything with me- and my brother says the same thing. I dont know why- he had access- but i am grateful that he didnt. He isn't on this list- but should be.
Shame on BSA for this coverup.
IMHO I think the entire organization should no longer be allowed to exist. For this to be allowed to occur is disgraceful.
As an individual- I will not support an agency that covers up crimes against children. My 3 boys will not participate in Boy Scouts and I will not buy items when they come around fundraising.

Does anyone know if any government entity is going to get involved? I'm assuming its a non-profit? That status should be taken away. Any government funds should be taken away.

#413588 - 10/18/12 09:39 PM Re: Link to Boy Scout Perversion Files [Re: RunningOnEmpty]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Thank you RunningOnEmpty

I saw an interview tonight on PBS News Hour about why so many names didn't appear on the report. The Interview was with Nigel Duara:

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sclient...186&bih=790

See:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/18..._n_1981596.html

Originally Posted By: Nigel Duara in Huffington Post

In 1972, a Pennsylvania Scouting executive wrote a memo recommending a case against a suspected abuser be dropped with the words: "If it don't stink, don't stir it."

On the afternoon of Aug. 10, 1965, a distraught Louisiana mother walked into the Ouachita Parish Sheriff's Office. A 31-year-old scoutmaster, she told the chief criminal deputy, had raped one of her sons and molested two others.

Six days later, the scoutmaster sat down in the same station and confessed.

"I don't know an explanation, why we done it or I done it or wanted to do it or anything else it just – an impulse I guess or something," the man told a sheriff's deputy.

The decision was made not to pursue charges. "This subject and Scouts were not prosecuted," a Louisiana Scouts executive wrote to national headquarters, "to save the name of Scouting."

n Newton, Kan., in 1961, the county attorney had what he needed for a prosecution: Two men were arrested and admitted that they had molested Scouts in their care. But neither man was prosecuted.

The entire investigation, the county attorney wrote, was brought about with the cooperation of a local district Scouts executive, who was kept apprised of the investigation's progress into the men, who had affiliations with both the Scouts and the local YMCA.

"I came to the decision that to openly prosecute would cause great harm to the reputations of two organizations which we have involved here – the Boy Scouts of America and the local YMCA," he wrote in a letter to a Kansas Scouting executive.

Puffer

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.