Newest Members
Jerone, teba, Serpenta, mojo, James M
12114 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
chrisH (34), Malaki619 (32), worcester2003 (51)
Who's Online
5 registered (Suwanee, BraveFalcon, imharpo, Bill61, 1 invisible), 65 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12114 Members
73 Forums
62506 Topics
438068 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#407136 - 08/17/12 08:45 PM WOUNDS THAT DO NOT SHOW
OKIE MIKE Offline

Loc: HULBERT OK
I am asked at times what I do for a liveing. And I tell them that I am a Disabled Veteran. Then people want to know if I was injured in a war.
I was injured in a training Extersize and damaged my hands.
That is a part of my disablity . But I also have PTSD fron being raped by an E-7
People do not see the mental injurys. And do not understand the angush of liveing with PTSD . Sometimes I just want to say it is none of your busness .
Because until you have lived with the nightmares and panic attacks you will neaver understand

"I HAD NO SHOES THEN I SAW A MAN THAT HAD NO FEET"

"All I can do is be me, whoever that is"

#407456 - 08/21/12 06:09 PM Re: WOUNDS THAT DO NOT SHOW [Re: OKIE MIKE]
kpntreal Offline

Loc: USA
Okie Mike,

Thank you so much for your service to our country.

kpntreal

#411202 - 09/24/12 12:55 AM Re: WOUNDS THAT DO NOT SHOW [Re: OKIE MIKE]
mogigo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Colorado
"This is especially true for the soldiers that returned from giving the ultimate sacrifice to our societies by going and serving in our armed forces, but then returned with a very real injury that cannot be seen only to find out that the resources available to them are minimal at best."

This is a small part of my paper that I'm writing in university, some of us have recognized the need and we are working to try and change things.

Stay strong
Mike

#412436 - 10/07/12 10:16 PM Re: WOUNDS THAT DO NOT SHOW [Re: OKIE MIKE]
LAV25 Offline

I hope that this site helps you out I think has helped me

Edited by LAV25 (10/08/12 10:37 AM)

#413277 - 10/16/12 12:04 PM Re: WOUNDS THAT DO NOT SHOW [Re: OKIE MIKE]
sandiego2325 Offline

Mike, I was assualted by a shipmate a long time ago but this wqs well before don;t ask/don't tell or any other decent and civil way of handling these traumatic and matters.I anguished before reporting the incident for fear of being judged. The Navy resonded by discharging us both with OTH's.

I am new to this form but in the short time that I have been registered it has helped me more than any half witted attempt at by well meaning but not well equipped therapist.

I will keep u in my, prayers and please stick with this

#413278 - 10/16/12 12:06 PM Re: WOUNDS THAT DO NOT SHOW [Re: OKIE MIKE]
sandiego2325 Offline

Mike, I was assualted by a shipmate a long time ago but this wqs well before don;t ask/don't tell or any other decent and civil way of handling these traumatic and matters.I anguished before reporting the incident for fear of being judged. The Navy resonded by discharging us both with OTH's.

I am new to this form but in the short time that I have been registered it has helped me more than any half witted attempt at by well meaning but not well equipped therapist.

I will keep u in my, prayers and please stick with this

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.