Newest Members
DT, kk90, Austintexan, Cancan, LS
12257 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
ByondClosedDoors (41), Dave1425 (32), DeafDavid (23), LowSky (57)
Who's Online
3 registered (Obi, 2 invisible), 21 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12257 Members
73 Forums
63123 Topics
441413 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#413210 - 10/15/12 06:27 PM Broken down
Country Offline

Loc: Alabama
Here is my deal.
I turned to sports to make me feel more worthy and seem normal. I lettered in three sports in high school. Football, baseball and wrestling. I played a little college baseball. I have had 8 knee surgeries and I need another for a PCL that I dont have in my right knee. I need a knee replacement that will have to what until I am older. I am 38 with the knees/body of a 70 year old. I have had hernia surgery and need another. I looked back at my life and can say that I learned a lot about diversity and life thru sports. I also regret losing so much of my physical ability because I felt to need to be thy quarterback that people looked up to or that catcher that needed to hear the hand claps. Or feel like a champ and a winner when my hand was raised at a wrestling match. I didn't have to do all of these things and I regret it now. My left knee has had no cartilage in it since I was 17 and has been bone on bone. I have had 2 ligaments replaced in it. Why did this have to happen to me. My perps have taken more than my youth away and more than messed my brain up. They have taken a lot of my future away too.
Ephesians 6:13

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.

Ephesians 5:25

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her

#413281 - 10/16/12 12:22 PM Re: Broken down [Re: Country]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Wow man, you were so unlucky with so many injuries, I don't know what to say frown
How are you coping with all that plus abuse, I can't imagine ?
You are hero!!!!

#413285 - 10/16/12 12:49 PM Re: Broken down [Re: Country]
Country Offline

Well just gotta push thru the pain on the knees. Luckily I have an office job so I am not up on my feet all day. This winter coming brings some added pain as well. I guess I am just use to it by now. Besides my knees I had internal exploratory surgery after a car wreck when I was sixteen. They cut me from my pants line up to my low sternum. I had a ruptured stomach and spleen. 8 broke ribs and 500 stitches in my face. As well as a bone sticking out of my wrist that they had to fix then rebreak and reset after they knew I was gonna live. I am no hero tho. Just broken down. Ha

Edited by Country (10/16/12 12:54 PM)

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her

#413294 - 10/16/12 01:42 PM * [Re: Country]
Smalltown80sBoy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Edited by Smalltown80sBoy (04/29/13 12:34 PM)

#413295 - 10/16/12 01:54 PM Re: Broken down [Re: Country]
Country Offline

Kids are mostly grown and in middle school and high school so no more coaching. I coached little league baseball and football. But now my knees hurt so bad after it just isn't worth it. I love coaching tho. The parents would ask fo their kids to be on my team. I treied to implement a lot of life issues into ball. Tried to stress thy it is just a game and haw fun. Also you can succeed if you prepare and make adjustments. I tried to treat all of them like they were my own. The lessons the learn about losing and winning and team can go along way in life. But coached the wrong way it can have adverse affects. All I asked for was them to hustle and buy in to what I was trying to tell them and have respect for authority and respect for others. It was pretty successful too. But I look back also as see where I was wanting to over achieve and all the championships ad games won was me trying to build myself up too. So it is a weird feeling. I think all in all it is about giving back and trying to help the kids.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.