Newest Members
JHNebraska, mike42069, JACKL, Personman, SiegmundNYC
12490 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alpha (49), AYounglove10 (23), joanne (27), justme62 (52), pontifixmax (44), royjay (46), Steve S. (48)
Who's Online
2 registered (woodenshoes, myrlin), 26 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12490 Members
74 Forums
64156 Topics
447659 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 4 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15 16 >
Topic Options
#414290 - 10/26/12 12:11 AM Re: HIV, Shingles...and CSA [Re: Lancer]
lapchinj Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
Peace,Rainbows & Healing

#414292 - 10/26/12 12:36 AM Re: HIV, Shingles...and CSA [Re: Lancer]
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida
I suppose it's one of those bonding things Jeff. Please only make fun of me/my condition if you're comfortable with it. The not-so-discreet "The Fly" comparison is my fave so far. Hell, it approximates what I think I've looked like.

Ummm...for my generation, how about this from "The Outer Limits"?

Well, it wasn't my FACE, thankgawd. I suppose THAT'S encouraging.

If it helps inspire, a friend of mine now refers to me as Pizza Leg. You can imagine the possibilities that invites.

#414295 - 10/26/12 01:43 AM Re: HIV, Shingles...and CSA [Re: Lancer]
lapchinj Offline
MaleSurvivor

Peace,Rainbows & Healing

#414311 - 10/26/12 03:27 AM Re: HIV, Shingles...and CSA [Re: lapchinj]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Thank you Lancer for this thread!
We need some humor here badly, no matter if it is about shingles/pringles smile
I'm happy to know that you are getting better smile

Dear Jeff your story has brought smile to my face, I can imagine that scene with pouring water down the stairs smile

Love and peace!

Pero

#414325 - 10/26/12 06:04 AM Re: HIV, Shingles...and CSA [Re: Lancer]
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Jeff, how DARE you compare Martin Landau (yes, that's him) to your MOTHER! Poor guy. But I can see you're the one we'll tap for fire and water jokes. Ummm...you didn't mention if there were any, ah, floaters in the water. Tshit tsunami? OMG, the visual. So, what does 100psi look like? I have no reference. Fire hydrant? Worse? The more I think about it the funnier it gets. Immediately reminded me of this. Flood starts at 4:00. (ohgawd, the secret's out...my life is an Irwin Allen movie)

In addition, I just found the Fuck Recovery Day (FReD?) thread you - our Shingles/Pringles guy - dug up from the archives:
http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=414321#Post414321

...and I nominate you as our WoFRD chair - pronounced Whoa Fred - for 2012.

You're right Pero that we need the humor badly...or bad humor.

#414347 - 10/26/12 10:27 AM Re: HIV, Shingles...and CSA [Re: Lancer]
lapchinj Offline
MaleSurvivor

Peace,Rainbows & Healing

#414349 - 10/26/12 10:30 AM Re: HIV, Shingles...and CSA [Re: lapchinj]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
I was trying to find some shingles jokes in Google. The same joke was given about 2 dozen times. It's already been posted here.

Wow! In that film clip - looked like my childhood - no ! actually it was my house last night when the water pipe broke open. More details later.

Puffer

Edited by pufferfish (10/26/12 10:42 AM)

#414350 - 10/26/12 10:37 AM Re: HIV, Shingles...and CSA [Re: Lancer]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Well Jeff your story about hiding back to bed and typing is hilarious, there is no need for shingles smile

Hey Puffer how about bringing some funny pic of puffer-fish, you know on some it looks just like ordinary fish with a lot of shingles wink

Pero

#414411 - 10/26/12 09:56 PM Re: HIV, Shingles...and CSA [Re: Lancer]
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

OMG, puffer. Fill us in. Pipes aren't supposed to burst until midwinter. (Remind me to tell you my midwinter bucket brigade story). Sheesh. I don't want to imagine what the ServePro people found. Please tell me it was at least only normal water. Hope the damage wasn't serious or widespread.

Ummm...did lapchinj nail it? Was it a toilet flush?

(Lighter note: your childhood had fiery explosions and water torrents? Can't wait to hear that one)

Pizza Leg

#414427 - 10/27/12 12:37 AM Re: HIV, Shingles...and CSA [Re: Lancer]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
I had a huge plumbing leak Thursday evening.

I really did freak out, seeing water shooting out from under the kitchen sink. It was a major fountain. The water rolled down a heating vent in the kitchen which broke off, delivering the water to the basement. It doesn't seem to have damaged anything important. Stuff my wife wanted me to throw away 10 years ago. The broken connection was in a steel reinforced flexible connection to the cold water under the kitchen sink. It will be relatively easy to repair. The bigger problem is that when I went to turn off the main water valve to the house, the handle broke off. So that will have to be replaced. I had what they call a curb-side key which turned the water off outside near the water meter.

Today (Friday) the plumber fixed it.
This has been a full day. I awoke early with insufficient sleep so that I could get on the list of the plumber's activities for the day. I went with a certified plumber, which was more expensive, but I didn't have to mess around with unreliable work. He put in a new whole-house valve. He said it was the ball-type valve. He fixed the breakage under the kitchen sink, where the water was pouring out last night. The flexible stainless steel reinforced pipe had ruptured and pulled apart at the input end. The plumber said that he had never seen that type of break before. About the time he left I fell asleep for awhile although he did all the work. My work was last night, running around turning off the flow. I also took my dog to get him groomed (this doesn't mean the same thing in the dog-world as it does in MS frown ). So, tonight the water is running. The large heat-carrying flexible pipe from the furnace fell off last night as it was full of water. It is still loose and it is sprawled on the basement floor. It won't be hard to fix except in the sense that I have a very high ceiling in the basement because my house was built on a steep hill. My daughter doesn't want me to climb the latter that high. I guess I don't want to climb that high either. I'm not that flexible anymore. I may have to do it if the heating man doesn't appear soon. Actually it needs a stunt man not a heating man to climb the ladder like that. Then it's just a matter of applying duct tape to where the pipe tore loose. The water has almost all disappeared, presumably through leaks in the basement wall. My house was built in 1930 and they used old bricks at the base of the wall. I guess there is quite a bit of porosity around the bricks.

Page 4 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15 16 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.