Newest Members
BusterJones, Desperateforhelp, aniceguy, Green_Lantern, Safe11ride
12121 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
alan's marc (43), Opal (59)
Who's Online
3 registered (3 invisible), 71 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12121 Members
73 Forums
62530 Topics
438182 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#412977 - 10/13/12 03:56 AM memory
Asmodeus Offline

Loc: Vestavia, Alabama, USA
At my last appointment with my psychiatrist I brought up concerns I had about my medicines causing problems with my short term memory. He replaced one of them and reduced the dose of another. It's only been four days, so I haven't seen any improvement in short term memory, but a few memories of things that were going on back when I first started taking the one that's been reduced have started becoming clearer than they were. I'm just concerned about how rough the transition will be since the one that got replaced is a mood stabilizer. I've been averaging 4-6 hours sleep since Monday and I'm shaking most of the time. I'm just worried that it might not be worth it. I've come to appreciate how blurry my memories of the abuse are, and considering how bad it gets around the end of the year I'm just worried about whether or not I'll have adjusted to the lower dose and the new medicine by then.

#412985 - 10/13/12 07:36 AM Re: memory [Re: Asmodeus]
Treehugger75 Offline

Loc: Ontario Canada
I just went through a similar experience. I was on 3 seperate med, one was started to stop my "picking", where i find a blemish on my sking and dig at it unti i scar myself. I was put on paliperidone to try and stop it but it made it worse. As i was coming off of it i had a hard time sleeping, had tremors, and really bad sweats. a couple weeks off of it and they dissappeared. I hope you too only experience mild withdrawl.

#413180 - 10/15/12 12:43 PM Re: memory [Re: Asmodeus]
Asmodeus Offline

Loc: Vestavia, Alabama, USA
I must have been worrying over nothing. I think the worst of it might be over. I got to sleep around 1 last night and slept until 8. When the medicine was dropped I was told not to stop cold turkey, but to cut the dose in half for 1 month and down to 1/4th for another month if the adjustment is too rough. But if this improvement lasts all week I might cut it to 1/4th next week. I'm still in worse shape than usual, but it's nothing compared to the hell that last week was.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.