Newest Members
RodrigoBR, MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two
12332 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueelectron9 (48), Grunty1967b (2014), highflight (42), jocks44 (54), kitm1 (47), Porrick (44)
Who's Online
3 registered (sentry, 2 invisible), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12332 Members
74 Forums
63413 Topics
443355 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#412865 - 10/12/12 01:26 AM Re: My testimony was a DISASTER [Re: Smalltown80sBoy]
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida
Have some of my own recent sh*t I'll at least be PM'ing you about Gary, so you'll remind me of my own glass-half-full stuff no doubt, right?

What I hear you saying is that you did a service to yourself and to us. Great! You did it, despite your anxiety. You just did it. No small feat, imo.

Here's another. You're not clairvoyant. You don't know who was affected by your presence or how they were affected. Well, at least that's a thot that helps me sometimes.

#412889 - 10/12/12 08:38 AM Re: My testimony was a DISASTER [Re: Smalltown80sBoy]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Gary,

You stood up, in front of a large group of people and spoke from a hastily rewritten, restructured testimony. Remembering your posts before the testimony - I would say what you've done is nothing less that spectacular! You certainly did not let me down - regardless of how it might be perceived. You stood your ground, played by their rules, poured out your heart to what sounds like a bunch of deaf ears ... Quite honestly, you amaze me with your inner strength.

Congratulations, Gary. For completing what you set out to do. Whether or not it was changed because of some bureaucrat is less important in my eyes than the fact that you did what you started out to do. You stood up and you were heard. Whether anyone actually "listened" is out of your control anyway - be proud of what you've done, Gary. I'm proud of you.

Kirkridge - October 2008
Alta - September 2012
Alta - September 2013

#412903 - 10/12/12 11:06 AM Re: My testimony was a DISASTER [Re: Smalltown80sBoy]
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Gary

You followed your heart and stood up--it takes courage and commitment. You let the world know what happened. Great job

#412909 - 10/12/12 11:40 AM Re: My testimony was a DISASTER [Re: cant_remember]
phoenix321 Offline

Loc: USA, FL
Great stuff. You did what you could and you've called them on it. Best you can do is all you can do. Some people just refuse to listen to anything. Bad for them and the community. Bring it up and send that letter to your newspapers. Easier way to get your point across and make them look like the fools they are. smile

Edited by phoenix321 (10/12/12 11:43 AM)

A guy opens the front door and sees a snail on his doorstep. He picks up the snail and throws it across the street in a neighbor's yard. A year later, the guy opens the front door and the same snail is on his doorstep. The snail says, "What the f*ck was that about?"

#412934 - 10/12/12 05:48 PM * [Re: Smalltown80sBoy]
Smalltown80sBoy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Edited by Smalltown80sBoy (04/29/13 12:31 PM)

#412950 - 10/12/12 10:24 PM Re: My testimony was a DISASTER [Re: Smalltown80sBoy]
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida
I'll repeat a bit of what I said in the PM. The chair is like a cross between a Stepford wife and She-Devil.

And, no, you weren't polished. You were real.

What strikes me about the situation is that at any point you could have tucked tail, walked out, gone home and no one would have been the wiser, except that no one would have answered the Chair's call. You stuck it out. Alone. It's not at though you went there with a group of people physically present to back you up.

Do NOT minimize that accomplishment. When you've some space to look back at it, I want you to consider exactly where you've come from - say, since '84 - and where you were when you stood up yesterday. The words don't express the depth of what I'm feeling about you, but I cannot emphasize enough that's absolutely HUGE. You're probably exhausted...and may be for yet a few days. But, mygawd, you actually DID IT.

Now that I have a little perspective on yesterday, I don't get the sense the tears in the car had anything to do with "failure" at all. I think it was complete emotional exhaustion. (I'll do the codep nag a little bit and tell you to take time to recover physically since the stress may not be immediately obvious).

(You've got goodies under your MS Birfday Tree, but, when you're up for it, go hit Macy's or somesuch to get some trophies as a reminder of your success. I'm not talkin' socks. I'm talking Ralph Lauren, YSL, Hilfiger...something really NICE...and, please, tasteful)

#412968 - 10/13/12 03:03 AM Re: My testimony was a DISASTER [Re: Smalltown80sBoy]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
Gary - i meant to also wish you a happy birthday but got carried away in the excitement about your testimony. but it also occurred to me - here in some countries of Asia it is a tradition for the one having the birthday to give gifts to their friends. That is exactly what happened here. YOU gave US all an incredible gift by putting yourself on the line.

Thank you!
Lee
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#412974 - 10/13/12 03:47 AM Re: My testimony was a DISASTER [Re: Smalltown80sBoy]
Country Offline

Loc: Alabama
I watched it Gary and I didn't see any problem except with the lady rudely interrupting you like it was intended and i think you handled it quite well.. I think you did well.
Ephesians 6:13

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.

Ephesians 5:25

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her

#413011 - 10/13/12 02:26 PM * [Re: Lancer]
Smalltown80sBoy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Edited by Smalltown80sBoy (04/29/13 12:32 PM)

#413012 - 10/13/12 02:29 PM * [Re: Smalltown80sBoy]
Smalltown80sBoy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Edited by Smalltown80sBoy (04/29/13 12:32 PM)

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.