Newest Members
JimHouston42, GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS
12466 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
BobbyJay (53), john50049 (57), Samii (34)
Who's Online
2 registered (peroperic2009, tbkkfile), 24 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12466 Members
74 Forums
64014 Topics
446752 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#412874 - 10/12/12 04:10 AM National Coming OUT Day
1lifenow Offline

Loc: west coast
OCTOBER !!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Coming_Out_Day

Its challenging to be a man who was a caged bird for most of his life. Yup thats all of us. CSA makes you feel victimized when we were exploited and made to feel shame for really innocently being us. What the hell did we know.

"He doesnt have to feel any different, he doesnt have to feel ashamed." Somewhere along the way we realize we are just different from the other little boys. Some have a easier time and circumstance to embrace it, other a harder time accepting and finally acknowledging to the man in the mirror its time. Some never will. But Like Sally field says in this speach ( after about the 6 min mark). We are different " SO THE FUCK WHAT?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hdvyvLhw2s

Its ironic and certainly not planned for that in my own slow time I finally said on this day 2 years ago. I am gay. The world did not end, it get crazy hellish for a while and I sometimes wondered if the feeling of being the quicksand would ever end. But now it is so so much better. It seemed like such a huge mountain that could never be surmounted, and yet now even my kids just sorta go , ya dad, whatever.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/11..._ref=gay-voices
Wouldn't that be great , for it to be "whatever". Its up to us to not allow the zealots to continue the abuse into our adulthood, where we are just innocently being ourselves. NO agenda, no conspiracy, no sense of entitlement or wanting special treatment. Just the acceptance and acknowledgement that our lives are lives of dignity and love. Just the same as anybody else, no more , but not any less anymore!

BTW fuck you Westboro baptist church(they advocate the death penalty for being gay)and pass that along to his popeness and the Archbitch of canterbury. Ya I am gay, so the fuck what!

Edited by 1lifenow (10/12/12 04:26 AM)

WoR Barrie 2011

#412880 - 10/12/12 07:23 AM Re: National Coming OUT Day [Re: 1lifenow]
Blue1966 Offline

Loc: USA
Thank you for posting this and yeah, FCK8 (Google it if you don't know it, full of f-bombs but a good campaign.)

While it is getting better than when I came out, it still isn't easy and, the reactions of many to a loved one being gay are still abusive.

I would also but the "pray the gay away" program in the category of abusive and, definitely Westboro Baptist Church.

#412896 - 10/12/12 09:46 AM Re: National Coming OUT Day [Re: 1lifenow]
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida
Interesting you guys bring up the topic because I've never made the connection of the similarities between CSA and coming out, except for the obvious secretiveness some of us are finally able to jettison. Do they give Shame merit badges? ;-)

In particular, never made the church connection, except Westboro, RCC et al are more overt about the gay issue. Same animal tho...denial, vilification, etc.

@1life: Excellent post. Thanks!

@Blue: "Mom, Dad, I have inoperable brain cancer. Just kidding. I'm gay."

#412900 - 10/12/12 10:19 AM Re: National Coming OUT Day [Re: 1lifenow]
Blue1966 Offline

Loc: USA
I didn't make the connection at first but, being told over and over that you are bad, evil, dirty, wrong, corrupted, etc... being ostracized, isolated, discounted, and, for me ultimately disowned, is abuse. All of that was simply because I was gay, on top of the CSA, physical and verbal that could have happened to any child, regardless of sexuality.

Then we wonder why the incidents of mental health problems, addiction and suicide are higher among the LGBT community than the national average? Add in a bit of non sexuality related abuse and, some of us doing good to maintain any sense of sanity.

#412919 - 10/12/12 02:57 PM Re: National Coming OUT Day [Re: 1lifenow]
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Since not everyone watches Kimmel...

#412923 - 10/12/12 03:52 PM Re: National Coming OUT Day [Re: Lancer]
bodyguard8367 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: ""
""

Edited by bodyguard8367 (02/26/14 08:46 PM)
Edit Reason: SILENCED

#412926 - 10/12/12 04:49 PM Re: National Coming OUT Day [Re: 1lifenow]
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

BG...you're back fr the Great Northwest! The bitches dance up there, too?

#413150 - 10/15/12 03:09 AM Re: National Coming OUT Day [Re: 1lifenow]
1lifenow Offline

Loc: west coast
Angry so angry and i am not even american

http://dailycaller.com/2012/10/09/faith-leaders-aim-to-strip-25-percent-of-black-vote-from-obama/

A group calling itself "GOD SAID" is trying to usurp 25% of the black vote from obama , cuz they appose gay marriage, cuz god said so. HOw the fuck do they know. It is time for enuff is enuff. How is this different in anyway from the civil rights movement for christ's sake!

Any of us survivors who struggled with the same sex attraction and fall out from the effects of csa know we never chose to be who we are. It is so unbelievable in this day and age that something so unbelievable as this group having the ear of god would have the mendacity to speak for all of mankind.

Hello there is gay marriage in canada and even mexico, you guys are like the intollerant middle of a rational cookie. Guess what, the sky has not fallen , people still marry and raise kids, civilization goes on. What the fuck.

Americans, its time to get in the game of humanity! I have many brothers from another country, please do not do nothing.

WoR Barrie 2011

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.