Newest Members
Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated, donmarks
12383 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Beluga (64), Isreal101 (65), Phil Sober (41), phil1973 (41), Teddy Bear (63)
Who's Online
3 registered (RyanW, skyguy, Matt195), 28 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12383 Members
74 Forums
63644 Topics
444478 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#412787 - 10/11/12 12:18 PM Society is losing perspective
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Right Here!
An article positioned as a hand-wringer for pedophiles in prison has appeared in an online magazine with great support for perp safety. It drones-on to argue humane social punishment and yada-yada-fkg-yada!

Not once does this Sandusky-orient article OR ANY of its replies voice the life-reality and/or concern for the raped children. Why do SO many in this world just simply not "get it?"

Coddling the perp is one reason I've moved my punishment position from non-death-penalty to "optional."

I greatly blame social dynamics in my hometown for what happened to me. I blame it rather directly. So yeah...I'm a bit triggered when an article worries for perps in prison. And I worry very much for what this world and nation are becoming when significance of the CSA crime is questioned, joked-about and down-played as "just another crime."

Maybe I'm the one losing perspective.

Here's the article if anyone wants to see it: LINK

The Aftermath Video

My Absolute Hero!

#412793 - 10/11/12 01:03 PM Re: Society is losing perspective [Re: Still]
Country Offline

Loc: Alabama
I know what you mean bro. It is society an most people as a whole. They are afraid to offend or hurt someone's feelings. It is what I call the puddinization of society. How dare we say this or say that because this person over here or thy person over there may get mad or upset and how dare we offend someone. I say sometimes in certain situations it is needed to hurt someone's feelings or step on their toes a little. Just my opinion tho. It is our own faults by default. We haven't , as men or a society, spoke out against it. Example, at the ballpark where I coach they won't even call out the first place teams name anymore because some kids may feel bad about being last. Too freaking bad. Thy feeling of being last should, in most cases , cause them to try harder and get better. They won't even call out the all star team in public. It is done off by a phone call in private. You can't acknowledge them and clap for their accomplishments because, as a whole society , we are scared to offend or hurt feelings. It is nothing but puddinization. There are a lot of examples but that one just popped in my head. But you are right , they forget about the kids and focus on the treatment of the offender. It is sad and nothing will be done until WE as a WHOLE stand up and be heard and accounted for. But we are too busy working, doing yard work, or being a parent and don't have time.
Ephesians 6:13

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.

Ephesians 5:25

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her

#412825 - 10/11/12 06:07 PM Re: Society is losing perspective [Re: Still]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
"Perpetrators of childhood sexual abuse are significantly more likely to have experienced similar abuse when they were children, and they are often suffering from tremendous hurt and depression as a result".

ENOUGH OF THIS CRAP!
But I won't back down.
Tom Petty

#412853 - 10/11/12 11:11 PM Re: Society is losing perspective [Re: Jude]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: Jude
"Perpetrators of childhood sexual abuse are significantly more likely to have experienced similar abuse when they were children, and they are often suffering from tremendous hurt and depression as a result".

ENOUGH OF THIS CRAP!

Not only that, but they held my comments for mod review. They were not rude nor inflammatory, but I did point-out that no one worried for the child, and I gave many reasons why we ought to be concerned for about 10,000 social problems WAY before we worry about Sandusky getting raped in prison.

They did not post them, as I told them to drop it if they were not open to the topic, subject and title they offered. There is much cruel, child-hating, pedo-loving there for some reason today.

The Aftermath Video

My Absolute Hero!

#412856 - 10/11/12 11:37 PM * [Re: Still]
Smalltown80sBoy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Edited by Smalltown80sBoy (04/29/13 12:30 PM)

#412858 - 10/12/12 12:33 AM Re: Society is losing perspective [Re: Still]
Blue1966 Offline

Loc: USA
Yes I find this an outrage, but the sad truth is that people in general are not basically good. I rarely say that, and I even pay lip service to the idea that they are basically good.

I've walked enough, and know others that have, unfortunately, been forced even deeper into the dark side of what humans are and, I can't believe we as a race are basically good.

This sort of reaction is just a reflection of the truth about humans in my mind, one of the rare times they decided to be honest and drop the nicey nice facade.

#412859 - 10/12/12 12:53 AM Re: Society is losing perspective [Re: Smalltown80sBoy]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: Smalltown80sBoy

First, does anyone other than fellow survivors give a shit about the victims? This was like the trial of the century for CSA and the takeaway is that we shouldn't wish bad things to happen to the guy who destroyed all these kids?

That's the issue perfectly worded! I wish you would post that on GMP in response to the good people (or allow me to post it for you).

The Aftermath Video

My Absolute Hero!

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.