Newest Members
RepressedMem, jet_step, JimHouston42, GKB, MorganWut
12468 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
AndyP (48), Gaius (50), JoziSA (52), mmafan66 (48), nltsaved (36), RMM (52), Steve63 (51), zenboy (51)
Who's Online
3 registered (Obi, woodenshoes, Sonata1), 26 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12468 Members
74 Forums
64031 Topics
446842 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#412792 - 10/11/12 12:56 PM I never had this
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Never Sugar Mountain
I never had this. Never experienced it once...ever.

Conclusions:

1) There's more to an abusive childhood than the inclusion of violence.

2) My suspicions and theories that this sort of "normal family" exists, is further supported.

#412810 - 10/11/12 04:28 PM Re: I never had this [Re: Still]
Blue1966 Offline

Loc: USA
Me either, I suspect that family exists, but I've never seen them.

I'd probably freak out if anyone I considered family started acting like that.

#412814 - 10/11/12 04:39 PM Re: I never had this [Re: Still]
Magellan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
My uncle's family is/was like that. They invited me to their home for christmas and I was honored to witness what a "real" family is like.

#412833 - 10/11/12 06:32 PM Re: I never had this [Re: Still]
GT13568 Offline
MaleSurvivor

I feel for you, Still, and I share your conclusions.

Seeing the picture only makes me feel uncomfortable - like there must be something else going on. There is no way I would ever have gotten (or will get) that close to any member of my own family. Neither of my parents ever laughed like those people are, their smiles were always bitter or angry.

Like Magellan, in my case my partner's family have opened their arms to me and have allowed me to experience what life should be like.

#412850 - 10/11/12 10:09 PM Re: I never had this [Re: Still]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Still,

I have no photos of myself after the CSA. Its as if I ceased to exist. But I do have beautiful pictures of my own children with me and their Mom. The miracle is they have all turned out well despite having me for a father. Its one good thing thats happened in my life.

Jude
That's why I'm telling you
I just want to celebrate another day of livin'
Rare Earth

#412851 - 10/11/12 10:22 PM Re: I never had this [Re: Still]
GT13568 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Jude,

I bet you made or helped those "good things" to "happen." Congratulations.

Geoff

#412852 - 10/11/12 11:01 PM Re: I never had this [Re: Still]
unhappycamper Offline

Loc: VA
I never had this (see photo above) either, and I'll bet not many of us did. My dad died when I was a toddler, my mom was distant and never re-married--no wonder I made such an enticing target for that perv.

But at this point, wishing my life was now very different is like wishing I didn't have my wife and kids, who are the greatest joys in my life.

John

"All you can do with your past is try to grow out of it. --Kevin Hearne, "Tricked"

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.