Newest Members
Mike Boyd, Serenity40, markm, hans32, SilentNoLonger
12133 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
casey (45), flaredsoul (31), Madcap (29), susie24 (59)
Who's Online
6 registered (CafeMan, Mike Boyd, ShortedDiode, 3 invisible), 79 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12133 Members
73 Forums
62563 Topics
438363 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#411744 - 09/29/12 08:03 AM Good news, sometimes we do win!
dark empathy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: durham, north england
This is just to let everyone here know, yesterday morning I submitted my completed phd thesis.

The title is:

Disability, desire and society: the establishment of a new individualistic definition of disability and its practical uses in everyday life.

It hasn't been easy, indeed the reason it's taken five years and not three is that I was forced to start on recovery in the middle. Now however it's actually done, and what needed to be said was said, which was ultimately why I was writing the thing.

I'm trying not to think too hard about the fact that now it's going to an external examiner and that in three to six months I'll be having a viva, aka a spoken examination which could result in me being asked to rewrite it. People have pointed out to me though that my tuter, who I admire very deeply did! think it was good enough, and I certainly do! trust his opinion better than my own.

I've not really understood it's finished, indeed i woke up at five O.clock this morning wondering what references I needed to add to the dam thing!

However it is! done, all 129 pages of the dam thing, and hopefully that will be it!

As to what now? well as I've said before on this forum, recovery has made me very much change m thinking about my life. I need to do something vital, something energetic and there and immediate, and not be stuck on my own resources trying to write stuff.

so, I'm taking a grade eight in voice, learning italian, applying to Bermingham Conservatoire for a post graduate diploma in voice and will do my best to establish myself as a professional tenor in some way shape or form.

I do have to say a big thank you to everyone here, Lewis, rocco, Roger, Eric, Disapointed and everybody else who's been there when I've really been on the edge with this, sinse there were several points when I really was close to throwing in the towel on the hole thing.

So, thanks everyone!

Btw, I'm reposting a copy of this here in F&F as well as the main ms forum, so that the ladies who've also given me great advice over the last five years get a mention as well.

#411819 - 09/30/12 09:21 AM Re: Good news, sometimes we do win! [Re: dark empathy]
Esposa Offline
F&F Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NJ
Awesome!

#411897 - 10/01/12 10:19 AM Re: Good news, sometimes we do win! [Re: dark empathy]
Robert1000 Offline

DE! Congratulations! That's awesome! Thanks for the news!

#412469 - 10/08/12 06:34 AM Re: Good news, sometimes we do win! [Re: dark empathy]
dark empathy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thanks for the congratulations. it's still extremely hard to believe it's done and I've been continually waking up at half past five panicking about references, but I'm still glad it's hopefully over.

#412470 - 10/08/12 07:23 AM Re: Good news, sometimes we do win! [Re: dark empathy]
Human Offline

Loc: private
Congratulations!!

Now, maybe you can sleep in for the next 3 to 6 months, at least! wink

#413494 - 10/18/12 09:33 AM Re: Good news, sometimes we do win! [Re: dark empathy]
dark empathy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thanks human. Sadly not quite, I still have a dog who expects to be let out at 7.45 each morning.

Funnily enough though i've had more energy sinse i've finished that I would believe, indeed I get up (usually somwhere betwene 8.30 and 11), and lift weights and run in an effort to improve my voice.

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.