Newest Members
ShinTensei, jaklumen, Bennett, 0128, jeremywickers
12505 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Drea (31), gpdno (47), serb guy (49), Thomas8221 (60), UncleClover (43)
Who's Online
4 registered (myrlin, Doubter, 2 invisible), 19 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12505 Members
74 Forums
64196 Topics
447983 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#412381 - 10/07/12 01:21 AM Boy Scouts to review files on sexual predators
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
The Boy Scouts of America has announced it will review more than a half-century of its confidential files on alleged sexual predators and will inform law enforcement of any cases it had not previously disclosed. Story in the LA Times:

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-boy-scouts-20120927,0,3623954.story
Left here on my own or so it seems
I've got to leave before I start to scream
Joe Cocker

#412398 - 10/07/12 11:16 AM Re: Boy Scouts to review files on sexual predators [Re: Jude]
Undefeated Offline

Loc: Colorado, USA
So, if my perp from the 1970's is in there, he will be reported to the police? Yeah, right! mad

#412408 - 10/07/12 03:32 PM Re: Boy Scouts to review files on sexual predators [Re: Undefeated]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Maybe to start with, we could collect information on which Scout predators have been found. This would give us some kind of a reference point. Then if there were significant collections of data we could advise one another.

Puffer

#412425 - 10/07/12 05:56 PM Re: Boy Scouts to review files on sexual predators [Re: pufferfish]
Undefeated Offline

Maybe those of us unable to take any kind of legal action due to wicked statue of limitations laws, and unable to get compensation for the damages done to us, should start posting the names of our perps? wink
i.e. Make our own "perversion files.
mad

#412439 - 10/07/12 10:34 PM Re: Boy Scouts to review files on sexual predators [Re: Undefeated]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

We should definitely, within MS, start keeping a list. Maybe there would still be some liability somewhere.

Puffer

#412445 - 10/07/12 11:05 PM Re: Boy Scouts to review files on sexual predators [Re: Jude]
Undefeated Offline

Puffer,

I wasn't saying this out of seriousness so much as simply venting anger that my perp has even kept anonymity, while my life is a mess from what he did to me. If you have any thoughts on how this can be done, I'd be interested. I suppose a perp could sue for defamation of character, but I don't have anything for them to get. LOL

#412447 - 10/07/12 11:12 PM Re: Boy Scouts to review files on sexual predators [Re: Undefeated]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Undefeated

Our perps are both dead. However, if their names are listed in the Boy Scout perversion files then I think they would have trouble claiming that we defamed their character. If they (or their families) sue us then that might justify countersuit for damages. However we have to use some discretion in doing any of this. There are several lawyers who frequent MS. Maybe they will offer advice.

I mentioned a name in a description of the abuse I experienced at age 4. Then I found that a couple of years later a Google search brought it right to the surface. I'm not worried about it because I have ample documentation.

The damage which they inflicted is something that just does not go away.

Puffer

Edited by pufferfish (10/07/12 11:22 PM)

#412448 - 10/07/12 11:16 PM Re: Boy Scouts to review files on sexual predators [Re: Jude]
Undefeated Offline

Best I can tell through Internet detective work, my perp is still alive. He's roughly 80 years old now. frown

True about the damage never going away.

Alan

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.