Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
beginning (34), Gary H. (41), jewelmom (63), kdg2310 (55), Li Yuki (2014), monarchnaps (36), Neverquit (30), Nord (58), SoSad (45)
Who's Online
4 registered (takingitslow, 3 invisible), 29 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63786 Topics
445430 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#412306 - 10/06/12 12:26 AM see in others but not ourselves
Obi Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: kansas
i've noticed this a lot. especially amongst us survivors...

being able to see all the good and positive things in others when they are having a hard time, but have a hard time seeing the good and positive in myself...

i've talked to many of the guys here who have told me that they were such rotten boys, dirty boys, whore-ish. i also hear that they are bad men too and that they are dirty, perverted and so on...

yet, when i hear this from them all i can see is their positive traits. their goodness inside them. their caring and compassionate souls. i tell them how they have all this in them but they have a hard time seeing it..

then down the road i go through some tough times and then it turns to me not being able to see all those good things in me...

interesting how i can see all these good, positive things in others but i have a hard time seeing them in me.

my story

my vlog

#412308 - 10/06/12 12:57 AM Re: see in others but not ourselves [Re: Obi]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
I personally believe this is common among survivors. We judge ourselves in harsher terms than we would ever dream of doing so against others. We look through the filters of the messages we were taught through abuse, those old tapes that take so long to overcome, and continue to slap then on ourselves like a brand. Abuse taught us some of the harshest of labels, some of which I felt inclined to name here for a moment, but backed away due to their intensity.

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.