Newest Members
tammy m, TheConqueror, Bloom, JohnWC, KKumar
12423 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dphoenix1701 (37), jaywiz2009 (69), mato (57)
Who's Online
1 registered (kcinohio), 22 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12423 Members
74 Forums
63802 Topics
445528 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#412639 - 10/09/12 07:34 PM Re: Need Advice Again [Re: charlesxy]
charlesxy Offline

Thanks again for the responses and I am sorry any of us have to be here at all.

I am not sure how the mind represses these memories, but mine seemed to be in check for a long time. I knew they were there, but I never dwelled on them.

Lately, I have been dwelling on them. Perhaps it's because my dad is old and I am beginning to realize that I am either going to have to tell my parents soon or it will never happen.

I then may have to tell my girlfriend, who wants to get serious. I always told myself I would tell any woman I marry. Of course, I don't know how any woman to react to such a revelation.

I still can't understand what kind of sick person would manipulate children into sexual acts. It boggles my mind.

If my mother trusted the family of my abuser with my care, is she to blame? The abuser was a teenager. Perhaps she just could not fathom it. To whom can we entrust children? This is one major reason why I am not sure I want children.

Anyway, thanks for reading and allowing me to vent.

#412649 - 10/09/12 09:14 PM Re: Need Advice Again [Re: charlesxy]
charlesxy Offline

And if anyone has any stories they would like to share about revealing past abuse to their parents, I would love to hear them.

I'd like to think that they would believe me, but can't be sure that they will. In that case, I will have to deal with the trauma of both being a victim and not having my parents believe me.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.