Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
adam319 (46), Bellemaman (36), Bob G. (58), S D Witwicky (38)
Who's Online
4 registered (Obi, GT13568, Scott1962, WriterKeith), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63226 Topics
442133 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#412180 - 10/04/12 11:55 AM BREAKING NEWS: Sandusky Seeking Bond Change
tshodson Offline

Associate Press just released this story staying that Sandusky has asked the judge to release $50,000 cash bond to Sandusky's wife and to remove the $200,000 lien on his home. This indicates he is expecting a long prison sentence but also wants to get assets in the hands of his wife.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/U...EMPLATE=DEFAULT

#412204 - 10/04/12 05:28 PM Re: BREAKING NEWS: Sandusky Seeking Bond Change [Re: tshodson]
unhappycamper Offline

Loc: VA
This is S.O.P. The bond would be exonerated when he surrenders for incarceration, which will probably be soon, and the articles say the cash was hers anyway.

John

#412227 - 10/05/12 12:18 AM Re: BREAKING NEWS: Sandusky Seeking Bond Change [Re: unhappycamper]
pufferfish Online   embarrased
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
On Dr. Phil Show

Two Sandusky victims step forward before the TV camera

http://drphil.com/shows/show/1880

Police were alerted in 1980.

Child sex ring going on then. Exchanging pictures of nude boys like baseball cards.

Information from Tom Mahowald on Facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/tom.mahowald

Edited by pufferfish (10/05/12 12:26 AM)

#412267 - 10/05/12 10:53 AM Re: BREAKING NEWS: Sandusky Seeking Bond Change [Re: tshodson]
cant_remember Offline
MaleSurvivor

It's "grain of salt" time or "conspiracy against survivors" time --

The Philadelphia Inquirer ran a long hit-piece on Greg Bucceroni to correspond with his Dr. Phil appearance.

The two major accusations against Bucceroni's credibility is that 1) his story keeps changing, and 2) he seems to find his way into bit parts of major crime stories like he is Zelig or Forrest Gump.

The first accusation is easy for any survivor to understand: our stories often change over time as we better understand what happened to us. But to outsiders, this makes us less credible.

The other accusation is a bit more damning, as it suggests that Bucceroni could be injecting himself into a story where he doesn't belong, giving us all false hope that a connection exists where it really does not.

We saw false band-wagon accusations with the Bernie Fine case as well.

Anyway, here's the Philly Inquirer story on Greg Bucceroni:

http://articles.philly.com/2012-09-28/news/34149373_1_sandusky-victims-jerry-sandusky-sandusky-case

#412286 - 10/05/12 03:07 PM Re: BREAKING NEWS: Sandusky Seeking Bond Change [Re: tshodson]
tshodson Offline

The judge granted Sandusky's motion. The $50,000 cash is being returned to Dottie Sandusky and the $200,000 lien is removed from the Sandusky real estate.

http://www.witf.org/news/2012/10/sanduskys-wife-getting-50000-in-bail-returned.php

#412351 - 10/06/12 01:15 PM Re: BREAKING NEWS: Sandusky Seeking Bond Change [Re: tshodson]
MaleSurvivor

I'm sorry for having mixed up the topics in this thread. Perhaps it's not too grave an issue. But I'm confused about the idea of a conspiracy of pedophile rings in Philadelphia and State College. Was Sandusky involved with Savitz in Philadelphia? Who else was involved? Were pedophile rings in New York and New Jersey mixed up with them?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_Savitz

Does the impeachment of Bucceroni's testimony mean:

1) There was not a pedophile ring between Philadelphia and State College, PA, and possibly New York and New Jersey?

or:

2) We just don't know at this point. That is, there isn't enough evidence to make a certain determination.

It's my understanding that the police seized all the evidence in the case of Savitz. Is there any way the public can avail themselves of this evidence? Or is there some powerful figure insisting that the lid be kept on any further investigation?

Puffer

Edited by pufferfish (10/06/12 01:21 PM)

#412456 - 10/08/12 01:50 AM Re: BREAKING NEWS: Sandusky Seeking Bond Change [Re: tshodson]
cant_remember Offline
MaleSurvivor

Puffer,

I think the answer is #2. It would be best if Bucceroni's claims could be backed up or verified, since his credibility has been called into question, even if in bad faith.

I think we just need to wait and see and not get our hopes up.

Yes, Sandusky's computer(s) should be a goldmine for pedo-ring leads, if such a ring exists. And we know those computers are in custody of investigators.

There's also the question of Penn/Philly corruption, and whether that corruption extends into the newspaper that criticizes Bucceroni. It's common knowledge that Philadelphia is a shithole, so there are plenty of counter-accusations that could be made against Bucceroni's critics.

They say Bucceroni's story keeps changing. But we as survivors know that sometimes our story changes, as we better understand it and are better able to communicate it.

I want to believe him, but then I remember the "third" victim of Bernie Fine at Syracuse, and that makes me realize that people do, indeed, lie about this stuff for whatever reasons.

So I'm taking a wait-and-see attitude about this.

#412500 - 10/08/12 04:51 PM Re: BREAKING NEWS: Sandusky Seeking Bond Change [Re: cant_remember]
MaleSurvivor

Well, yes. That's a helpful discussion.

My concept of what happened to me in the Boy Scout camp has changed. But only in the sense of enlarging upon the details. I reported this event in pufferfish story part 5. When the memories first came up, it seemed that I had been confined and isolated and abused for about 5 days. Now my reason says that it must have been longer. It was a 2-week camp. I have remembered the camp-fire session the first night, which must have been Saturday night, which didn't come up with the memory of the abuse. Then Sunday night the abusive events must have begun. The other boys in the tent went out to a "sex circus" and invited me. I declined. I don't think abuser waited for several days. So I have to, because of this reasoning, move everything back a few days from what I claimed in pufferfish story part 5. I have been reading the book by Jacee Lee Dugard, A Stolen Life. She talks about similar isolation and darkness and sleeping a lot during the first part of her kidnap experience. She likewise had a bucket in the corner for use as a potty. I think that there must have been a lot of similarity to how I responded in the darkness. She was also 12. But my "abuser" would come into the tent for sex several times a day. He had another tent where he kept his stuff and where he probably slept sometimes. This doesn't change any of the essentials of what I remembered. It only changes the time period and enlarges my sense of what my emotions were.

So I can understand how and why someone, such as Buccaroni, might enlarge upon the details of what happened to them in abusive situations many years before. They continue to remember some events and they analyze what happened more in an adult frame of mind. As with me, what I first remembered came up in my childish memory. I wrote everything down soon so that I had a record of the original memory.

Puffer

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.