Newest Members
OxfordArms, Anony_mous, Drew6991x, Miro, jj843
12365 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
gryffindor (67), KevinSweeney (57), latinflavor815 (52), latin_flavor_815 (52), RTMark (33), sabooka (35), southpaw10 (46)
Who's Online
4 registered (Jay1946, Obi, GT13568, 1 invisible), 22 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12365 Members
74 Forums
63547 Topics
443997 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
#407647 - 08/23/12 12:37 PM Re: To be honest with you. My thoughts [Re: Country]
Country Offline

Loc: Alabama
So I emailed my new T my info so we don't have to go over every little detail the first appt. I hope she is better than the other guy. I mean I think that most of the healing is a kind of self healing anyway that time and understanding provides. But I ain't going to cheat myself, maybe it will be more helpful than I realize.
Ephesians 6:13

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.

Ephesians 5:25

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her

#407681 - 08/23/12 04:55 PM Re: To be honest with you. My thoughts [Re: Country]
Farmer Boy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Australia
Hey Country

My prayers/thoughts are with you. All the best with the new T. (I just worked out what 'T' stands for. It has been bugging me)

Thanks for your welcome...it meant a lot!!!

#407683 - 08/23/12 04:57 PM Re: To be honest with you. My thoughts [Re: Farmer Boy]
Country Offline

You are welcome bro. Anytime. It took me a while to figure out all the abbreviations also. Glad u r here farmer.

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her

#407684 - 08/23/12 04:58 PM Re: To be honest with you. My thoughts [Re: Country]
Country Offline

Thanks for the prayers too. Much appreciated. I welcome all prayers and prayer warriors to pray for me and my family. As I will for you.

#407725 - 08/23/12 08:36 PM Re: To be honest with you. My thoughts [Re: Country]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
Originally Posted By: Country
So I emailed my new T my info so we don't have to go over every little detail the first appt. I hope she is better than the other guy. I mean I think that most of the healing is a kind of self healing anyway that time and understanding provides. But I ain't going to cheat myself, maybe it will be more helpful than I realize.

Country, communicating the facts and background info in advance may be a good 1st step to start with - but don't short-change yourself. it is really helpful to tell your story in person, face to face - and let the connection grow with your T or whoever is listening. it will help you both. and chances are pretty high that you will discover or remember or realize new details or insights or feelings as you do, no matter how many times you've gone over it.

so - all my best wishes to you - and my prayers as well,
Lee
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#407726 - 08/23/12 08:37 PM Re: To be honest with you. My thoughts [Re: Country]
Country Offline

Dude my wife just said the same thing...Do u have my house bugged??hahaha Thanks i welcome all advice bro

#407728 - 08/23/12 08:40 PM Re: To be honest with you. My thoughts [Re: Country]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
wise woman! wink
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#407784 - 08/24/12 09:21 AM Re: To be honest with you. My thoughts [Re: Country]
Country Offline

Excited, nervous and ready

I start my new therapist today. I got to go when I get off work this evening. I am super excited. I was wondering tho, should it bother me if my therapist doesn't share my spiritual beliefs? I think that is important, well to me it is. I even made a comment about it in my email to her. I also emails my church office and asked if they have anyone on staff that coul help out also. We have a membership of around 30k people in several different locations in the state.

#407785 - 08/24/12 09:35 AM Re: To be honest with you. My thoughts [Re: Country]
nltsaved Offline

Loc: Kc,Mo
Most definitely there is not doubt about it . Equally yoked does not just apply for married people. You want to be yoked up with someone going the same direction as you are going . The same spiritual mindset so you maybe even able to invite the Holy Spirit in and pray together . Some might argue as long as he or she gets the job done but being a believer that is just my take on it
you are not alone never were
WRITTEN FORM
http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=339159#Post339159
Why i hate Religion but love Jesus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IAhDGYlpqY

#407787 - 08/24/12 09:41 AM Re: To be honest with you. My thoughts [Re: Country]
Country Offline

I agree bro. Thanks for the opinion and insight

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.