Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
freddie (65), Max10 (56), Medos (46), PJinLB (47), TheWookinizer (27), tofeno (40)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 14 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63578 Topics
444190 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#412129 - 10/04/12 02:15 AM Greetings,
Danquixote Offline

My name is Dan, I am here to, hopefully, get some feedback on my situation. I am 45, and between the ages of 4 (maybe earlier) and 12 I was molested on a regular basis by my down's syndrome male cousin. About 100 times. Family members stayed quiet about it in order to protect this cousin, and I was confused and feared for my safety. Hopefully I can get some info from others who were abused by a down's person. Maybe I am one in a million, who knows? I know, this is probably a weird one, but I have very people to share this info.

#412130 - 10/04/12 02:27 AM Re: Greetings, [Re: Danquixote]
Country Offline

Loc: Alabama
Well let me welcome you brother. You are at a great site for victims of sexual abuse. We all try to help each other. I hope you get as much out of this site as I have. Once again, welcome. Feel free to dive right on in as you feel comfortable
Ephesians 6:13

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.

Ephesians 5:25

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her

#412135 - 10/04/12 03:19 AM Re: Greetings, [Re: Danquixote]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Welcome Dan,

I have no experience with the Down's Syndrome aspect of your abuser, but there will be many common experiences and feelings you'll find among the members here. Read as many posts as you can handle. Don't overdo. And post more on your feelings and experiences as you feel the need. You will have our 100% support always.

Gary
But I won't back down.
Tom Petty

#412144 - 10/04/12 07:25 AM Re: Greetings, [Re: Danquixote]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Here's a truth for you. Abuse is abuse, regardless of the gender, age, or mental capacity of the abuser.

I'm sorry you've been hurt and sorry your family failed to take care of you as they should have. They had a responsibility to protect you and didn't.

Take it moment by moment, one step at a time. You only need to share what you feel you want to share and nothing more. It's your recovery, you're in control.

You'll find many here who can relate to being abused by cousins and family members, and even many who had family defend their abuser over taking care of them.

#412194 - 10/04/12 02:58 PM Re: Greetings, [Re: Danquixote]
Danquixote Offline

Wow, thanks for all the kind words, I was not expecting that.
Dan

#412205 - 10/04/12 05:43 PM Re: Greetings, [Re: Danquixote]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
Dan - you will appreciate this community more and more if you get involved. i have come to really rely upon the support, kindness and wisdom of my brothers here. i wish the people i deal with in my world every day were half as generous and giving.
Welcome!
Lee
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#412206 - 10/04/12 05:55 PM Re: Greetings, [Re: Danquixote]
Jwmcd2 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Though my situation is different in that he wasn't diagnosed with Downs Syndrome, I was sexually abused by my male cousin too-- it's really hard to talk about it but it's even gotten easier in the last day at least. Hopefully someone will be able to help you here too. I've been typing with replying to this myself but I figure maybe it's good to talk about a cousin/cousin situation eve if I can't match the DS discussion.

You can talk to me if you want

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.