Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
MADcHATTER (54), Ready2MoveOn (44)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 30 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63788 Topics
445449 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#411500 - 09/27/12 12:55 AM Re: Religion. [Re: CloudyFalls]
lapchinj Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
Peace,Rainbows & Healing

Edited by lapchinj (03/16/13 09:35 PM)

#411501 - 09/27/12 01:39 AM Re: Religion. [Re: CloudyFalls]
whome Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Johannesburg South Africa
Well Said 1life.

As you say RELIGION. I get worked up with people that don't see the difference.
Don't forget that God loves you too.

Heal well
Martin

#412005 - 10/02/12 02:50 PM Re: Religion. [Re: CloudyFalls]
1lifenow Offline

Loc: west coast
thanks martin

From your comment i am inferring you are not a theist but a deist such as people like thomas jefferson. You believe in God but not organized religion.

I know you mean well, your intent and support of others on here is noble. For me, when someone says "Don't forget that God loves you too." I dont know or understand what you define by God. When you say that , for me its like someone saying that there is someone you dont know or cant really know but they love you just the same. For me its like saying the Lucky Charms Leprechaun loves you. There is no way to disprove he does not exist just is there is no way to disprove HE dose not exist. But the one making such a claim or claiming to know HIS mind (HE loves you) is under the obligation to show what he means by GOD and how he can speak for HIM. If I say the leprechaun is all around you and he loves you, you would be right in thinking that i am making an unfounded claim even if many felt the same way i did. If I said you just have to have faith, cuz i know in my heart its true, well again you would likely be a little skeptical.

I get worked up with people that don't see the difference.
I too don't really see the difference in believing in a all knowing all seeing transcendent being outside the realm of physics or any way to measure determine if HE is there. HE has always been, without cause and is all powerful, infinately evolved and complex, right at the start of the universe if there ever was a start. There is no way to accept this proposition without any evidence. It truly defies logic. For me , understanding life, the effects of my CSA and acceptance of myself now takes all the logic and true understanding I can muster. I lived for years in a self deluded state that I will no longer be a part of.

I know your heart is in the right place. I would never not respect your wish to believe anything you like. You just need to know that when that "god loves you" statement is sent my way, i dont take it they way you intended. I could say nothing and just smile and nod. Or i can let you know that not all have the same take on things. Part of my recovery is no longer tacitly nodding and going along. Its about respectfully saying here is my boundary. All I ask is that you give me the same consideration.

cheers

grant

Edited by 1lifenow (10/02/12 03:12 PM)
Edit Reason: spelling

WoR Barrie 2011

#412055 - 10/03/12 01:57 AM Re: Religion. [Re: CloudyFalls]
1lifenow Offline

Loc: west coast
"Nothing strengthens authority so much as silence."

Leonardo Da Vinci

WoR Barrie 2011

#412075 - 10/03/12 10:21 AM Re: Religion. [Re: CloudyFalls]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Grant,

I think I understand the difference. But I've experienced often - when someone believes they know something that can help someone else - we tend to say it.
If you were walking past a bicyclist who had fallen, put a small cut in his leg and was dabbing at it with a tissue, while there was a clean handkerchief in his hip pocket ... you'd at least try to tell him, yeah? I know - apples and oranges because the handkerchief is tangible and God is not. But the point I hope to make is the motive is somewhat the same. We want to help.

As for accepting all that stuff that has no proof and can't be seen, touched, smelled, felt ... that's why they call it faith. And I'm one of those people who need my faith. In ways I don't know if I could explain.

But I will say - I wish you peace.

Kirkridge - October 2008
Alta - September 2012
Alta - September 2013

#412177 - 10/04/12 11:37 AM Re: Religion. [Re: CloudyFalls]
bodyguard8367 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: ""
""

Edited by bodyguard8367 (02/26/14 08:44 PM)
Edit Reason: SILENCED

#412231 - 10/05/12 01:23 AM Re: Religion. [Re: CloudyFalls]
lapchinj Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
Peace,Rainbows & Healing

Edited by lapchinj (03/16/13 09:35 PM)

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.