Newest Members
FredM88, Vermona, Jas52, oliviaavaxj, biboy24
12109 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
-Matt- (39), kevin1963 (51), Northwoods (61), rcb0973 (58), sportinrucks (29)
Who's Online
5 registered (BraveFalcon, I Want 2 Thrive, Cam76, sentry, 1 invisible), 53 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12109 Members
73 Forums
62492 Topics
437997 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#411981 - 10/02/12 11:50 AM Hi! I'm new here
Thomas Olevano Offline

I'm new to this board. I'm still dealling with the fact of having been sexually abused by two male babysitters at the age of 8. There are no support groups for men in my area and outside of my thereapist who is a woman I really dont have anyone to talk to about it. I'm also a gay man and it's really screewed up my relations with other gay men. So, hopefully I can find some supourt that I need here.

Peace and Love,
Wheev

#412000 - 10/02/12 02:03 PM Re: Hi! I'm new here [Re: Thomas Olevano]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Howdy Thomas,

Sorry to hear that you were violated by those who were trusted to take care of you.

I'm pretty isolated too, no programs etc, and the one therapist I did see for awhile (woman T as well) no longer see adults, she works strictly with children now.

You've found a good place to talk and begin to share and heal.

Take it easy, don't rush yourself. One day and step at a time.

#412023 - 10/02/12 07:41 PM Re: Hi! I'm new here [Re: Thomas Olevano]
tjp42588 Offline

Loc: Detroit MI
Welcome! I am also pretty new to this, but I can tell you that this site has helped me more then anything so far. My therapist is ok, but she has not been through it. There are literally thousands of people on here that that know exactly how you feel. It is sad that you have to be here, but I do not think there is a better place to be when dealing with child sexual abuse. Hope you find what you are looking for and begin to heal soon! smile

#412050 - 10/03/12 01:38 AM Re: Hi! I'm new here [Re: Thomas Olevano]
Country Offline

Loc: Alabama
Welcome to the best healing site for sexual abuse. Sorry you have to be here but welcom
Ephesians 6:13

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.

Ephesians 5:25

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her

#412108 - 10/03/12 06:56 PM Re: Hi! I'm new here [Re: Thomas Olevano]
Anomalous Offline
Greeter Coordinator
MaleSurvivor
Hi Thomas,

Welcome to MS.

I am glad you have found this place of healing and support.

There are several books you might find useful.

Abused Boys: The Neglected Victims of Abuse by Mic Hunter

Victims No Longer by Mike Lew

I am certain others will share titles they have found useful. You can find these titles, and others here at the bookstore.

Take your time and look around. You do not want to trigger yourself by reading too many posts at one time.

At your own pace, read the boards and wander into chat. The lounge (chat) is open 24 hours a day though it isn't always populated.

We also have moderated chats called Healing Circles. They meet on Sunday and Wednesday evenings at 9pm eastern time and one on Tuesday at 19:00 UTC (European and African time zone) which translates to 2 PM Eastern US time zone. The Healing Circle on Tuesdays is scheduled to resume in January.

Again, welcome to MS.

Anomalous

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.