Newest Members
Francis Xavier, JLB, MrsC, wraphd, blufish
12438 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dannyboy22 (31), ScorpioBlue (45), Wife - Survivor (70)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 14 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12438 Members
74 Forums
63857 Topics
445882 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#411574 - 09/27/12 06:50 PM Hi there
LAV25 Offline

I'm Derek and I am a survivor of rape/molestation by my step mother when I was 12. I recently won a lawsuit agaisnt her but the down side is seeing her again has resulted in my PTSD flairing up again. Anyway i am trying to spread awearness on hubpages for male vicitms of women since I've been in three abusive relationships. I honeslty don't know how or why I get in to them

#411596 - 09/27/12 10:08 PM Re: Hi there [Re: LAV25]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Welcome Lav25. You'll find strength and undertsanding here. We're all pretty much in the same leaky boat, trying to get to shore. Paddle together with us and you'll make it.

Gary
I get a little bit closer to feeling fine.
Sheryl Crow

#411629 - 09/28/12 02:12 AM Re: Hi there [Re: LAV25]
Metolius Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Oregon
Hi Derek.

Welcome! Congratulations on taking hugely courageous steps on you healing journey. I went to litigation as well, and I think the trauma inflicted by the litigation process can be as damaging as the trauma of the abuse. Congratulations on winning. I hope you had the satisfaction of getting the truth of the abuse out in the open and feeling heard and validated.

As for the abusive relationships, my experience is that I kept getting into patterns of relating to others in a way that repeated the pattern of my abuse and recreated the resulting shame I carried because of the abuse.

Welcome. I hope you find healing and support, both with the community of fellow survivors here on the website, as well as with the presence of good and nurturing people in your life.

Jim

#411631 - 09/28/12 02:23 AM Re: Hi there [Re: LAV25]
Country Offline

Loc: Alabama
Welcome and I hope you get the help you need and find the answers you are looking for. This site is a great tool.
Ephesians 6:13

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.

Ephesians 5:25

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her

#411635 - 09/28/12 02:43 AM Re: Hi there [Re: LAV25]
tjp42588 Offline

Loc: Detroit MI
Welcome. I am a newer memeber myself. I have recently let my secret out and have beene having a very difficult time with it. This site has been my rock. Without this site and the people on it, I do not know where I would be right now. Hope you get where you need to be!

#411675 - 09/28/12 01:55 PM Re: Hi there [Re: tjp42588]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
Hi, my fraternal brother, Derek,

Welcome to MS. Here you will receive compassion, understanding & hope, by your brothers (fraternal) & friends in (pain).

We all have been there. We have been into the depths of our soul & hell too.

We will hear your cries,. We will help in your fears & share in your tears.

You already know about the emotional roller coaster ride of your life. Hang on.

As a victim of incest, my "mom." I also understand all those relationship problems pertaining to females. As that young boy she had taught me how hate & fear females. As "her" young boy of 8 years, I had always told her that I wished that she was dead.

There is tons of help here in MS. Your fraternal brothers are here for you. Then there are thousands of old posts on just about any subject on CSA in the archives that you can access too. The Survivors of Female Abuse is relatively new compared to all the other forums here.

Wishing you well in healing, my fraternal brother Derek. You are on your way.

"I will take that lost boys hand, and I will lead him from the depths of darkness, into the sunshine, forever into eternity." As he is me.
Pete..Irishmoose.
May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.