Newest Members
stillhere35, RKS, Albertus, Judd, LMG
12555 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
2dayistheday (34), 4LaurenAline2 (48), akn (61), barrington (65), Gideonfl (52), James Michael (57), Obi (44), tu (46), Vedder32 (34), yoga_mom (46)
Who's Online
5 registered (Zero, vrocotamy, susie, 2 invisible), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12555 Members
73 Forums
64435 Topics
450076 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#4116 - 08/22/01 06:33 PM Have you ever been here?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello all
I wanted to share an amazing experience from therapy and hopefully get some comment. I wish I had the appropriate words to convey this.
I have always conceived of myself as “living in my head” I recall in the movie "Men in Black" an alien king (I believe it was) lived inside a giant machine (a humanoid) controlling its actions. He was perched in a chair in its head at the controls. When I saw this I though; wow, how symbolic of my concept of myself.
My therapist moves in closer to me at each session. I have all sorts of defenses he has helped me develop an awareness of. I ramble; veer off the subject, etc. I feel like I am covered in radar antennae and all sorts of sensors. I am forever sensing my environment and staying way out ahead of present time to be prepared for any and everything. I have a thousand answers to a question before it is even completely spoken. The circumstances are occasionally (rarely) such that these fall away and I am out. Not for long.
Last night in Therapy as I was overwhelmed by the emergence of an awareness of a personality trait my systems utterly failed. I froze. This issue made such sense and I was so clueless to the connection. I was just dumbfounded. I recall taking and incredibly deep breath…my eyes teared and I started to tingle. This tingling radiated out and I best describe it as a hand slowly awkwardly sliding into a glove. It keep pushing and filling the space. This body sensation was unreal as I sat there and experienced it. It seemed to go on for quite some time as it pulsed and tingled especially in my legs it seems. I felt flushed Then, I just was there. I wasn’t really thinking anything, just looking around. Occasionally I looked at my Therapist. I had nothing to say and finally said so to him. He was very reassuring and I just spent time with him. We were just there together. It just was. I kind of thought well is this where I am staying? I even left there in the same state. I did have this thought of Am I going out there like this? I came home and was just looking around and was here.
Today I am not the same as I was yesterday before my session. I have not really processed all this but had quite an unusual day. I didn’t shame myself all day for anything that wasn’t perfect. I took a little bit better care of myself. I just don’t know. But this is just what it is.

Mike
null

#4117 - 08/23/01 01:35 AM Re: Have you ever been here?
Just Call me J Offline

Loc: Inland Empire, California
I can't say that I have been in exactly your place, but I can certainly relate. I wouldn't use the same de>

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.