Newest Members
susanhepp, Breathe, georgetwo, frozen45, lilac
12291 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Guillermo (37), illbedat (26), Mike58 (56), Mnovit (38), Mongo (24), pwdasw (64), Raymond Sean (38), yesac76 (38)
Who's Online
4 registered (86, 3 invisible), 23 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12291 Members
73 Forums
63236 Topics
442192 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#411595 - 09/27/12 10:06 PM Culture of &hit
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2.5 NATO Nations
Does it bother anyone that the freaking world is at the brink of economic collapse and large-scale war, and our USA culture has its panties in a bunch over NFL soap-opra?

Or maybe that animal cruelty ads play frequently and nothing plays for CSA or child abduction?

Maybe its just me.

Edited by Robbie Brown (09/28/12 03:42 PM)

Still's Globs

New Video

#411605 - 09/27/12 10:35 PM Re: Culture of $hit [Re: Still]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
i have no energy left for the world. i guess i will experience whatever happens.

Kirkridge - October 2008
Alta - September 2012
Alta - September 2013

#411607 - 09/27/12 10:54 PM Re: Culture of $hit [Re: MarkK]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
I think there is a supposed "elite" who are very wealthy and very powerful and they see that they are controlling the game. Some of them make money from the expenditures of warfare. So they know what they are doing.

I don't like what they are doing. Bill Moyers in his program from last Sunday told about the power-brokers who are controlling things from Super-Pacs etc. Those guys are among the power-brokers who make the laws about abuse, etc. We who don't belong to that class had better wise up about it.

Puffer

#411637 - 09/28/12 03:30 AM Re: Culture of $hit [Re: pufferfish]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
"Does it bother anyone that the freaking world is at the brink of economic collapse and large-scale war, and our USA culture has its panties in a bunch over NFL soap-opra?"

Yes.

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#411645 - 09/28/12 06:32 AM Re: Culture of $hit [Re: Still]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2.5 NATO Nations
Israel is telling us exactly what is coming. Iran is confirming exactly what is coming. China and Russia will proxy their way into the mix, as will the USA.

Currencies are vaporizing (as some of us here predicted long ago). Populations are becoming feeble in mind, and are wrong-headed in their instilled ignorance of reality.

How the NFL Referee labor-talks (effecting about 200 people) is headline news is not only disturbing, but discouraging too.

I understand the need for healthy distraction, but these days, i don't see sports and Jersey Shore being played as "healthy." The reactions to Housewives of NJ, the in-depth analysis of sports trivia...the importance placed upon tax-dollars going into new stadiums....is all nauseating and scary as heck.

Still's Globs

New Video

#411676 - 09/28/12 02:01 PM Re: Culture of $hit [Re: Still]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Still, because of what has been going on, especially the last couple years, I'm more in tune with world events than ever before, and will be watching how these events affect our community here as time passes.

Edited by FormerTexan (10/06/12 11:38 PM)

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#412369 - 10/06/12 10:06 PM Re: Culture of $hit [Re: Still]
Disappointed Offline

Loc: U.S.A.
Dear Still,

I have thought about the fact there are no PSAs for child sexual abuse. Part of the problem is: we are trying to shield victims of sexual abuse from being publicly identified. This might be a mistake, but that is the fact.

I've been ruminating on this for some time now. Also been ruminating there aren't more PSAs for children, period. So many here are in need of real parents.

D.

#412407 - 10/07/12 02:29 PM Re: Culture of $hit [Re: Still]
Jwmcd2 Offline
MaleSurvivor

As far as the lack of PSAs, I think it's honestly because it's not pleasant for people to hear about. I really think, as wrong as it is, there is a societal perception that sex abuse victims should be hidden away or ignored so that the problem may disappear or something... It's really a shame though.

I am excited about a new thing www.1in6.org is doing with a new awareness program they are starting with musicians.check it out: http://1bluestring.org/. It's featuring oneguitar string for anyone interested being blue to represent the unfortunate frequency of guys like us. I'm kind of excited about it and am looking into signing up for it myself.

Edited by Jwmcd2 (10/07/12 02:52 PM)

#412409 - 10/07/12 03:40 PM Re: Culture of $hit [Re: FormerTexan]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: FormerTexan
"Does it bother anyone that the freaking world is at the brink of economic collapse and large-scale war, and our USA culture has its panties in a bunch over NFL soap-opra?"

Yes.

Yes but I think it's diabolical.

Puffer

#412410 - 10/07/12 03:55 PM Re: Culture of $hit [Re: Still]
Disappointed Offline

Loc: U.S.A.
I don't think it's diabolical. As a lawyer who learned about how law has changed over centuries in many areas, I appreciate culture is always changing. Right now, we are more open about rape against women and slowly this is starting to include boys and men.

It's just not fast enough!
D.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.