Newest Members
Collin, MG5555, ShinTensei, jaklumen, Bennett
12507 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Moriji (44), Nicos (48), weharry1959 (55)
Who's Online
6 registered (highflight, Don Laufersweiler, CCDC, LPC, woodenshoes, Obi, 2 invisible), 22 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12507 Members
73 Forums
64177 Topics
448025 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#410901 - 09/20/12 11:57 PM Asking for prayers
Gabskitty Offline

Loc: Missouri
Hello all,
Asking for prayers for my husband tonight. He is in the hospital. He was at the psychologist's office today, and "had difficulty remaining in the present". He was also having headache/chest pain so he was sent by ambulance to the hospital. When I arrived he had trouble remembering my name,
his age, and the city we live in. He thought he was 10 years old, living in his hometown, and he was "bad" because he had been telling the psychologist bad things about his mommy. I held him while he cried because his mother had his pet cats, his only friends, killed. He kept saying he was bad, and that he was sorry, and that mommies aren't supposed to hurt there little boys, they are supposed to protect them. Ijust held him, and told him we was safe, and tried to keep him grounded in the present. I am heartbroken. This hospital is keeping him because the VA is on diversion. He is in a regular room. The attending walked into his room, he was very dismissive, and barely talked to my husband. He stated that there nothing psychiatric wrong with my husband because psychiatric events DO NOT HAVE PHYSIOLOGICAL symptoms (such as drowsiness, or looking "shell-shocked".) He ordered a drug screen and cancelled the psychiatric consult that the ER doctor had ordered. I was told that if I wanted another doctor I "had to find one on my own who would take him" at 7:00pm at night. My husband is better at this point, more grounded in reality, but still very fearful and upset. I need to go now since I am spending the night there. Please pray that we can get him to VA to get the care that he needs. Thank you all.

#410902 - 09/20/12 11:59 PM Re: Asking for prayers [Re: Gabskitty]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
Praying...

Lee
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#410904 - 09/21/12 12:44 AM Re: Asking for prayers [Re: traveler]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
He might have dissociative disorder. Symptoms are consistent.

Also praying

Puffer

#410910 - 09/21/12 01:41 AM Re: Asking for prayers [Re: Gabskitty]
CdnDW Offline

Oh my, thoughts, prayers and hugs go out to both of you. Not sure what VA is... But hoping for you just the same.

#410943 - 09/21/12 11:48 AM Re: Asking for prayers [Re: Gabskitty]
HD001 Offline

Loc: us
A little prayer for you both......peace and hugs

#410960 - 09/21/12 01:41 PM Re: Asking for prayers [Re: Gabskitty]
Robert1000 Offline

VA is veterans administration. Thanks for posting. I'll be praying for you. Good luck. Bob

#410962 - 09/21/12 01:44 PM Re: Asking for prayers [Re: Gabskitty]
Gabskitty Offline

Loc: Missouri
Thanks for everyone's support. H is now back to reality and is scheduled to be released from the hospital this afternoon. He never did get a psych consult, but the psychologist has called us several times. We've gotten it straight with the hospital that his primary care doc will follow him whenever he is admitted instead of whoever is on call or the hospitalist. Wishing everyone well on their journeys. Thanks again.

#411017 - 09/21/12 11:05 PM Re: Asking for prayers [Re: Gabskitty]
Country Offline

Loc: Alabama
Continuing to pray for you and your family
Ephesians 6:13

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.

Ephesians 5:25

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her

#411575 - 09/27/12 07:16 PM Re: Asking for prayers [Re: Gabskitty]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
Originally Posted By: Gabskitty
Thanks for everyone's support. H is now back to reality and is scheduled to be released from the hospital this afternoon. He never did get a psych consult, but the psychologist has called us several times. We've gotten it straight with the hospital that his primary care doc will follow him whenever he is admitted instead of whoever is on call or the hospitalist. Wishing everyone well on their journeys. Thanks again.

Gabskitty -

just checking in to say - please give us an update when you are able and if you feel like it. we do care.

Lee
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.