Newest Members
Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy, wiresguy1
12278 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
carter (51), CAW1980 (34), Fissy Tsickens (53), Kris (52), Wheatthins (23)
Who's Online
2 registered (AdawgJR, Hopein14), 31 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12278 Members
73 Forums
63171 Topics
441740 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#411552 - 09/27/12 02:21 PM Hello. My name is Bruce
wbh Offline

Loc: Texas
I am new to MS and it all seems a little confusing to me right now. I am hoping to find others with experiences similar to mine. I have a lot of questions and could use some help in figuring out the appropriate way to go about getting those out there. I look forward to being a member of this community.

#411556 - 09/27/12 03:06 PM Re: Hello. My name is Bruce [Re: wbh]
Anomalous Offline
Greeter Coordinator
MaleSurvivor
Hi Bruce,

Welcome to MS.

I am glad you have found this place of healing and support.

The only "appropriate" way to go about getting your questions "out there" is to ask them. There aren't any wrong or silly questions. Only questions that need to be answered.

If you feel therapy is an option, there are resources available. For help in finding a therapist please read the Consumers Guide to Therapist Shopping. Psychology Today has listings of therapists for all states and counties. You can choose the type of therapist you are seeking as well as the area(s) to which you are willng to travel. Also check your county rape crisis center. They offer services to males and females, at no cost to county residents. Some offer support groups in addition to individual therapy.

Take your time and look around. You do not want to trigger yourself by reading too many posts at one time.

At your own pace, read the boards and wander into chat. The lounge (chat) is open 24 hours a day though it isn't always populated.

We also have moderated chats called Healing Circles. They meet on Sunday and Wednesday evenings at 9pm eastern time and one on Tuesday at 19:00 UTC (European and African time zone) which translates to 2 PM Eastern US time zone. The Healing Circle on Tuesdays is scheduled to resume in January.

Again, welcome to MS.

Anomalous

#411566 - 09/27/12 04:54 PM Re: Hello. My name is Bruce [Re: wbh]
Country Offline

Loc: Alabama
Welcome Bruce. Jump right in when you get comfy. This site is very helpful and the people are also.
Ephesians 6:13

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.

Ephesians 5:25

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her

#411594 - 09/27/12 10:06 PM Re: Hello. My name is Bruce [Re: wbh]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Welcome Bruce. Take your time and find your voice. We all have much in common here, but every road is a little different. Let your healing begin.

Gary
....it's life's illusions I recall, I really don't know life at all. "
Joni Mitchell

#411677 - 09/28/12 02:09 PM Re: Hello. My name is Bruce [Re: Jude]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
Hi, my fraternal brother, Bruce,

Welcome to MS. Here you will receive compassion, understanding & hope, from your brothers (fraternal) & friends (in pain).

We all have been there. We have been into the depths of our soul & hell too.

We will hear your cries. We will help in your fears & share in your tears.

Be prepared for the emotional roller coaster ride of your life.

Make yourself comfortable here, there are thousands of stories here in MS. We all began by telling our SECRETS, baring our soul to each one here. Humble beginnings for sure, but you will also see where with hope & help from our brothers here we can move on down this road to becoming a survivor. It will take it's emotional, mental & physical toll on us. But in the end we will come out much stronger in who we are and what we are.

My fraternal brother, Bruce, wishing you well in healing. You are on your way.

"I will take that lost boys hand, and I will lead him from the depths of darkness, into the sunshine, forever into eternity." As he is me.
Pete..Irishmoose.
May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.