Newest Members
Jay1159, jon-jon, want more, pgh15217, Barracuda312
12343 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Bob_dup1 (54), Carlos Gerardo (41), FERALFOO (48), Jolly Fisherman (59), Karl (62), MikeInFlorida (52), mizphit09 (37), oktobe_me (53), Yaoichan (22)
Who's Online
1 registered (traveler), 17 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12343 Members
74 Forums
63439 Topics
443466 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#408829 - 09/03/12 09:54 PM Re: Religion. [Re: CloudyFalls]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2.5 NATO Nations
I'm truly not trying to be rehtorically cute or flippant here.

I see ALL people as being religious. Yes...I see ALL people as being religious.

I think back to HiSkool and College and Grad Skool and discussions of "politics." The definitive mantra then and now (academically) was "if you abstain from politics, you are actually being political." I agree!

Similarly, I'll proclaim: "if you abstain from religion, you are in fact 'religious.'"

All the athiests...ooops...a labeled belief or practice.....All the athiests I've aver met have a foundation and doctrine (huh! A "doctrine") with which they justify their lack-of-belief. "Lack of belief of what?" Ok...God n stuff.

Earthies, satanists, witches, and numerologists all maintain a rationale, do they not? They base their beliefs and lack of beliefs on certain truths they determine as truths.

So if I have distain for "religion," what religion exactly and based upon what.

My maintenance of being non-religious would have to have about a paragraph of justification doctrine that explains exactly what I mean and why...even if I refuse to tell anyone, or offer to anyone my rationale for hating religion, I will still have an internal paragraph or two of doctrine...thus, I have a religion.

The Aftermath Video

The Water Buffalo Song

#409018 - 09/05/12 09:32 AM Re: Religion. [Re: CloudyFalls]
bodyguard8367 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: ""
""

Edited by bodyguard8367 (02/26/14 08:24 PM)
Edit Reason: SILENCED

#409048 - 09/05/12 11:44 AM Re: Religion. [Re: bodyguard8367]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: bodyguard8367

Having said that, a very very common assumption is that God is unavailable because the boy is bad or dirty or somehow unworthy. The outlook of the boy is that he is at fault and caused the abuse himself and further that religeon won't save him or benefit him because he is/was flawed.

To survive abuse is to join the fraternity of the ISOLATED children, the NEGLECTED boys who were ABANDONED and IGNORED by all those living and yes, even GOD (though the assumption may be inccorect).

That entire post above is dead-on to my understanding and belief of the dynamic that builds and controls the sexually abused child. It just took a guy who can articulate a complex idea into a clear picture. Well done.

When I packed my bag for issolationville (imposed and/or chosen) at age-8, I took with me: My favorite stuffed animals, hoping they would re-emerge as real friends to me. My thumb, because sucking it still served to comfort me. My forest, as it was a world built not by humans, but by God and only God, and I was safe there. And I packed God into my bag, as I somehow knew that he had not left me, did not like what was happening to me, and when it all killed me, maybe he's take me home. But I'm so glad I packed-up God as i had NO ONE else to talk to about even the tiniest detail of my heart, body, mind, fears and tears. I had no one to cry with...no one to cry to...except him.

Time went on. My choices for the survival-bag were tested.

The animals never woke-up again.

Sucking my thumb only got me humiliated and chastised by the dentist, parents, relatives, sisters, friends...It seems it was a major societal sin, a character-flaw, baby-ish, "queer," and a fully valid reason to hurl rocks at me.

My God-built forest proved to be true. That is, the forest was not a lie to the boy. It remained a kind, loving sanctuary with beauty and comfort. It will always be a sacred and genuinely magical sanctuary. If God has built a cathedral, it is the forest. I hope that I'm there when i die, and not some horrific hospital.

God proved to be so much more than what I believed when I took him along with me. To explain all he was and is and will forever be...dang....I'd have to write a book.

Edited by Robbie Brown (09/05/12 11:58 AM)

The Aftermath Video

The Water Buffalo Song

#409053 - 09/05/12 11:56 AM Re: Religion. [Re: CloudyFalls]
bodyguard8367 Offline
MaleSurvivor

""

Edited by bodyguard8367 (02/26/14 08:27 PM)

#409126 - 09/05/12 08:16 PM Re: Religion. [Re: CloudyFalls]
DanM Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: So. California
Your postings made me realize that I believe in God, but not in religion. I know that may sounds strange, or at least it does to me. But my inability to trust impacts my ability to feel connected to any organized religion. It seems that I am continually disappointed by the actions of these organizations and their leadership/agents.

In a similar vein as you Robbie, I find that I feel the closest to God and have greatest sense of comfort and safety when I am on the water in my boat. It is both a therapeutic and religious experience for me.

Dan

Edited by DanM (09/05/12 08:18 PM)

#409153 - 09/05/12 11:10 PM Re: Religion. [Re: bodyguard8367]
lapchinj Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
Peace,Rainbows & Healing

Edited by lapchinj (03/16/13 09:33 PM)

#409236 - 09/06/12 03:19 PM * [Re: CloudyFalls]
Smalltown80sBoy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Edited by Smalltown80sBoy (04/29/13 12:05 PM)

#409325 - 09/07/12 12:23 AM Re: Religion. [Re: lapchinj]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: lapchinj
...This is not a life when the religious, holy rollers dont' want to help anyone that was tainted by csa or paint someone that is gay with the broad brush of being the destroyer of the religious way of life, and I'm gay and I don't remember trying to destroy anything.

The phonies in three churches that showed me the door when I was crawling face-down and reaching up for help...ain't holy and int no Christians as far as I'm concerned.

In the way-back, Jesus touched the untouchables when NO ONE else would. Lepers...very untouchable as well. I felt like such a leper. They made me feel like said leper.

Of course, I'll never let a hypocrite go unidentified as such. Could be why they no longer send Christmas cards.

I hope everyone angry or feeling reject by/with/at God can someday realize that NO man is qualified to judge us.

I occasionally will stop-by to poke at them to see if they are true yet. Its actually kind of fun to hold that mirror to their face and let them see and smell a hypocrite all up-close n such.

Edited by Robbie Brown (09/09/12 12:34 PM)

The Aftermath Video

The Water Buffalo Song

#409364 - 09/07/12 10:18 AM Re: Religion. [Re: CloudyFalls]
bodyguard8367 Offline
MaleSurvivor

""

Edited by bodyguard8367 (02/26/14 08:29 PM)

#409555 - 09/08/12 11:04 PM Re: Religion. [Re: CloudyFalls]
lapchinj Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
Peace,Rainbows & Healing

Edited by lapchinj (03/16/13 09:34 PM)

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.