Newest Members
journey4two, VASurvivor, jayceemac, rwolf, FindingNemo
12328 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alicia (55), bubblytam (56), crazydragon (39), JGag78 (36), kris82 (32), Shin (28)
Who's Online
2 registered (sugarbaby, I Want 2 Thrive), 16 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12328 Members
74 Forums
63396 Topics
443247 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#411384 - 09/25/12 06:35 PM newbie guy sad for many
bobalone Offline

Loc: Canada
I have looked at this site in the past & decided to join today.

I was touched by men in sexual ways from 8 to about 13 years old. I never told anyone so to keep my promise to never tell, they have all passed away now so I feel free to talk. I am older & back then no boys talked about such a secret. Over the years I have gone through many different personal feelings over this. For awhile it was I enjoyed it so who cares, then the thoughts that maybe I wanted it to happen & on & on excuses that maybe it was ok in my case. But lately when I have seen on the news of young boys only 8-9 years old who have been hurt it bothers my a lot as maybe I had no long term effects but for some it can be almost a life time of internal pain. I have much more to share maybe? Bob

#411385 - 09/25/12 06:53 PM Re: newbie guy sad for many [Re: bobalone]
cant_remember Offline
MaleSurvivor

Welcome, Bob.

We're here when you're ready to share.

Jim

#411401 - 09/25/12 10:10 PM Re: newbie guy sad for many [Re: bobalone]
bobalone Offline

Loc: Canada
Thank you "cant_remember" for the reply. Maybe I am a bit confused as I get older. I think this site is helping me to understand some things.

#411404 - 09/25/12 10:51 PM Re: newbie guy sad for many [Re: bobalone]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
Hi, my fraternal Canadian brother.

Welcome to MS. Here you will receive compassion, understanding & hope, from your brothers (fraternal) & friends (in pain.)

We all have been there. We have been into the depths of our soul & hell too.

We will hear your cries. We will help in your fears & share in your tears.

Be prepared for the emotional roller coaster ride of your life.

Like you bobalone, i was a lot older 69 1/2 years old, when this all came to the surface. I'm now 73, and still trying to heal.

Mine were all dead then too. First, it was my "mom." The person whom I had wished that she was dead when I was 8 years old.

Then there was Ralph. Then a friend of the family, i was 8 years old when he started with me. But,and i'm an oddball here in MS. I genuinely fell in love with him, we were together for 6 years.

Being confused is a bit harder at first in healing. But as I have more T sessions slowly but surely I'm coming out from the darkness. There is much to learn from your other fraternal brothers here, the healing circles, private messaging & chat.
But for me the best place is right here in the forums. There are quite a few guide books out there to help us along our way. Victim's No Longer, by Mike Lew.. Sexually Abused Boys, by Mik Hunter..Beyond Betrayal, by Dr. Richard B. Gartner, to name a few you can buy them or perhaps your local library has them also.

So, my Canadian, brother bobalone, wishing you well in healing. You are on your way.

"I will take that lost boys hand, and I will lead him from the depths of darkness, into the sunshine, forever into eternity." As he is me.
Pete..Irishmoose.
May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

#411415 - 09/26/12 12:59 AM Re: newbie guy sad for many [Re: bobalone]
Country Offline

Loc: Alabama
Welcome Bob. Sorry you have to be here but glad you found it.
Ephesians 6:13

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.

Ephesians 5:25

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her

#411443 - 09/26/12 10:45 AM Re: newbie guy sad for many [Re: bobalone]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Bob,

You're in the right place brother. Everybody's recovery takes a different path but we all have much in common too. Keep searching and you'll find your way. We'll be here for you when you have more to share.

Gary
But he never betrays what he thinks.
Can you see the real me, doctor?.
The Who

#411476 - 09/26/12 05:46 PM Re: newbie guy sad for many [Re: bobalone]
BuffaloCO Offline

Loc: USA
Welcome to MS, it is an awesome site. I have found strength and support through being here. We all have different stories and shared hurt. Here I am finding ways to rise above the hurt and ways to heal, and I really hope you do as well Brother...

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.