Newest Members
DT, kk90, Austintexan, Cancan, LS
12257 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
ByondClosedDoors (41), Dave1425 (32), DeafDavid (23), LowSky (57)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 47 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12257 Members
73 Forums
63119 Topics
441403 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#411371 - 09/25/12 02:11 PM Extortion???
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2 NATO Nations
I received the following letter from the schoolboard chair this morning. Apparently he REALLY hates having a parent speak-up regarding safety, or questioning how they do things, or calling them on a dive-for-cover in a major-league fk-up of theirs.

I questioned why they would let a violent student back into school. Holy God, they did not like that one bit. I asked when the parents of all in attendance at the middle-school dance would receive a communication regarding the violent incident. WOW!

What do you do with an elected official that is SO vindictive that he does something like following me here to MS, only to leverage my posts here against me?

An elected official! Acting like this!!!! To a PARENT of children in harms way. I mean, does this guy even know what's going on in schools throughout this nation?

And attempting to use my CSA as a lever to shut me up???

I hope the AG has a field-day if at all possible. We'll find out.

(And those typos regarding "facultiy's colege credentials." is not of my doing)

Rob,

I am quite sure that you know precisely which Chat Room that I was referring to. The one that now shows all your posts as "hacked by my town" since I sent you that reply.

That Google is quite a tool, you know. Just put in a person's name and all sorts of information pops up. In this case it was your posts: regarding the Community of Chester, the School Board, the Administration and the mocking of our facultiy's colege credentials. Which has now miraculouly disappeared. Thanks for deciding on a more positive path: I think that is better approach for all of us.

Regards,

R M. R. (redacted)
Chairman, Chester School Board
** Town Farm Road
Chester, NH 03036
e-mail:*****@chesteracademy.org
phone: 603-887-****

Still's Globs

New Video

#411395 - 09/25/12 09:39 PM Re: Extortion??? [Re: Still]
Dragon Boy Offline

Loc: uk
That bit about 'google is quite a tool...' sounds pretty threatening! And it may be accessible by google but to google a person like that always strikes me as a bit creepy and stalker-ish...especially if you plan to use what you find against them!

I don't know the full back story or what corispondence lead up to this exactly. It sounds like there was more than one letter both ways possibly..? But for someone in a position of authority in the town to speak to you like that is worrying. I'd hate to think how he responds if a child at the school comes to him for help! Reminds me of the cover up when someone went to my school years after I'd left trying to find out what had happened to me after I'd disclosed something.

Anyway, I'm really sorry ypu're being treated like that mate. It's fear of that sort of thing that keep me from using my full name online!

Good on you for challanging them about the kids safety though! Someone needs to by the sounds of it.

Gabe

#411411 - 09/26/12 12:04 AM Re: Extortion??? [Re: Dragon Boy]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Its all pretty much here on this blog:

http://chesteracademy.net/the-horrible-parent/

And this news article:
Chester Academy to Take Over Booster Club Dances After Fight
Matt Rittenhouse
Tri-Town Times
CHESTER – The school board has agreed to put the Chester Academy Booster Club’s dances under the auspices of the school, following an altercation between two students at the Club’s most recent dance.

During that dance a young man incited a fight with another young man. A student separate from the altercation called a parent to report the fight and to say that he’d like to go home. The parent in turn called 911 and the police responded. The school board discussed how to move forward from the incident at their Sept. 12 meeting with Lorie Ouwerkerk of the Booster Club. Parent Rob Brown was also present to air his own concerns.
Read more
Most who discussed the incident agreed that it was regrettable, but that sometimes kids don’t handle themselves as adults wished they would. Administration and police agreed that the chaperones at the dance handled the situation well and immediately broke up the altercation.

Police chief Bill Burke said the altercation wasn’t any different than any other the department has responded to over the years. Everything was done by the book, said Burke. A charge of simple assault is being brought against the juvenile who punched the other.

“Everyone did what they were supposed to do,” said Burke. Safe School Reports were filled out and students involved in the fight have been banned from future dances for the rest of the year.

The decision to have the school sponsor the dances in the future is in part an effort to curb such behavior. Though the dances are held with Chester Academy students and sometimes in Chester Academy facilities, because they are not school sanctioned, the school says that it cannot hold the students responsible to the same code of conduct they’d be responsible to in school or at sponsored extra-curricular activities.

In addition to sanctioning the events, school administration will be in attendance at future dances and students will be held accountable to the student code of conduct. Gaylord conceded that bringing the dances under the school’s tent will not prevent all altercations in the future, but that it was important to the district to increase its authority there.

School board chair Royal Richardson said the decision will change the tone of the dances. The school used to host the dances but years ago decided that it wasn’t worth the effort and let the Booster Club take over.

Brown stepped into the discussion after the dance via multiple email messages to the PTA, Booster Club, administration, School Board, Pinkerton Academy and New Hampshire Department of Education, in addition to his visit to the school board’s September meeting.

Brown has also been vocal recently in charging the board of selectmen with not doing enough to keep kids safe and threatened to also ask for that board’s resignation en masse. Brown ramped up the rhetoric, calling the incident “ultra-violent,” and threatened to ask the entire school board to step down over its handling of the situation. Brown called the board and administration arrogant and incompetent, and likened them to Pennsylvania State University and its more than a decade-long attempt to cover up child sexual abuse by one of its football coaches.

Brown charged the school board with putting the kids’ well being behind liability concerns and with being unresponsive to his concerns, but school board members said the matter wasn’t as simple as Brown desired it to be.

Brown wanted the student being charged with simple assault to be isolated from the rest of the student body. He also called for a full report of the incident to parents. After Brown charged the board with actively attempting to cover up the situation, board members Mike Romick and Richardson responded. They noted that they do not respond instantly to emails and that Brown used the wrong addresses, but encouraged him to visit their meeting to discuss the issue and appropriate responses to it.

A letter from the school and Booster Club is set to go out to parents once some loose ends on the decision have been wrapped up.

Still's Globs

New Video

#411430 - 09/26/12 05:59 AM Re: Extortion??? [Re: Still]
Dragon Boy Offline

Loc: uk
It seems proposterous that this situation could have somehpw ended up with the head of the school board looking you up on google, following you to this site (obviously reading your posts reasonably throughly) and making you aware of it in such an omionois seeming manner! What has your presence on this site got to do with a pair of children fighting at a dance?

#411438 - 09/26/12 10:23 AM Re: Extortion??? [Re: Still]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Don't know...but We'll be exploring it with some authorities.

Not that anything on this site is protected, but such attempted leveraging and confirmed stalking-like messages cannot be legal. Certainly not when an elected official is involved. That escalates the severity of this.

Still's Globs

New Video

#411442 - 09/26/12 10:36 AM Re: Extortion??? [Re: Still]
Obi Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: kansas
Sad that this guy turned to "googling" information about you instead of focusing on the issue at hand, and that is protecting the students.

my story

my vlog

#411448 - 09/26/12 10:54 AM Re: Extortion??? [Re: Still]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Exactly Obi.

Elected leaders who hold decent in contempt ought never be in-office.

We are a nation built upon the very idea & ideal wherein opposing views and service to the citizenry is elemental. Shielding public and civil decent is outright contempt for our constitution and cannons of public policy.

Going the extra-step seek-out "dirt" on a constituent and then waving it in his face as a not-so-valed threat is horrific.

And yer right! There's been now outward energy apparently spent upon dong what's right.

Am I alone here, or didn't pounding a fellow student to a bloody pulp get your arse kicked out of school for a while, at least??? Everyone on this Schoolboard and the Principal act as if they have never heard of it before. Seriously! At the meeting, they all looked stumped that I'd ask about that....but then of course, no one "owned" that dance.

Bill Clinton could take lessons from these cowards. The Town's Board Of Selectmen simply self-determined (in 13 minutes of chatting) that no children were in any danger from their hiring of the career pedo, Gary Britton for the Parks & Rec center.

The Schoolboard thinks they can just self-determine that they "don't own the dance that took place in their own gym. I wonder if a judge would buy that steaming pile of stank?

Still's Globs

New Video

#411464 - 09/26/12 02:02 PM Re: Extortion??? [Re: Still]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Also discovered through conversations with HHS counsel today that under ADA, my situation is protected from such official use and discussions, especially given that all of their emails are public-record. Thus further bolstering a harassment basis. Thank you Ted Kennedy!

Just wanted to pass that along to ya'll in case you end-up in a similar sitch.

Still's Globs

New Video

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.