Newest Members
DougieB, sethpeterson, R Ellis, SailingAway, Kitty6
12320 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Healer (53), Kilo (21), sdsjr (40), surfdude (57)
Who's Online
3 registered (I Want 2 Thrive, pattom, 1 invisible), 15 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12320 Members
74 Forums
63373 Topics
443143 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#411119 - 09/23/12 12:00 AM I guess I should
deget23 Offline

I've been reading this forum for a few months now. Registered at some point. I think it's about time for me to say hello.

My abuse was by one I considered to be a friend, his older brother, and my own older brother. Coerced and manipulated.

I can't keep my thoughts properly. They slip and I loose whatever it was. I hope the last bit to follow doesn't confuse too much. I am a US Navy vet on disability. I first revealed my abuse under duress. Therapy in military and through VA.

Just going to post this now otherwise I'll delete it all.

#411121 - 09/23/12 12:30 AM Re: I guess I should [Re: deget23]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Welcome Deget,

You are among friends who can understand what you are going thru. Thank you for taking the step of posting. Your story and recovery helps us all. Keep posting and reading. We'll be with you all the way.

Gary

#411122 - 09/23/12 12:34 AM Re: I guess I should [Re: deget23]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Welcome to Male survivor deget23!
I wish circumstances that brought you here were different frown anyway you are at good place for getting some support. Please proceed further and try to connect to survivors here trough commenting posts, sharing your story/thoughts or visiting chat room - there are different ways to connect to others, try to find what suites you the best.
Being part of this community was more than helpful for me.
Be well!

Pero

#411123 - 09/23/12 12:44 AM Re: I guess I should [Re: deget23]
Country Offline

Loc: Alabama
Welcome to Male Survivor. It is a great place to heal and talk about issues.
Ephesians 6:13

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.

Ephesians 5:25

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her

#411143 - 09/23/12 09:58 AM Re: I guess I should [Re: deget23]
cant_remember Offline
MaleSurvivor

We are here for you. You are not alone.

#411155 - 09/23/12 01:17 PM Re: I guess I should [Re: cant_remember]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
Hi,

Welcome to MS. Here you will receive compassion, understanding & hope. From your brothers (fraternal) & friends in pain.

We all have been there. We have been into the depths of our soul & hell too.

We will hear your cries. We will help in your fears & share in your tears.

Be prepared for the emotional roller coaster ride of emotions. I'm sure that you are already on board.

Like you, I received help from the military (i'm retired) in the mental health clinic in Germany. Then I returned to the USA and had a female CSA therapist, and from there I received help from the VA. I was in the lead PTSD group for sexual abuse victims. I attended a 12 week PTSD mixed group therapy sessions.

But, i will say for me personally, I've received more help right here in MS along with their weekends of recovery (WoR's), and from the various CSA guide books out there.

Whenever you feel safe enough to open up more, we'll be here for you. Take advantage of those Healing Circles. Private messages, chat.

So, my fraternal brother, deget23, wishing you well in healing. You are on your way.

"I will take that lost boys hand, and I will lead him from the depths of darkness, into the sunshine, forever into eternity." As he is me.
Pete..Irishmoose.
May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

#411331 - 09/25/12 01:08 AM Re: I guess I should [Re: deget23]
deget23 Offline

The roller coaster has been running since 2003 when I had to make a choice to admit to my abuse or suck it up and go supervise an accused pedophile on a work detail. To have it dragged out like that then dropped as though the whole situation never happened shredded me. And that was just the start of my journey...

I will try to do what I can. I waste far too much of my energy dealing with the VA lately and my mind becomes scattered when I get anxious.

#411400 - 09/25/12 10:10 PM Re: I guess I should [Re: deget23]
Dragon Boy Offline

Loc: uk
That must have been really tough, disempowering, exposing and invalidating...kinda being retraumatised in a way. I'm sorry you were forced to disclose like that deget.

I think doing things like talking on this site is a process of taking the control back though. You're doing good mate.

Gabe

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.