Newest Members
RodrigoBR, MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two
12332 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueelectron9 (48), Grunty1967b (2014), highflight (42), jocks44 (54), kitm1 (47), Porrick (44)
Who's Online
3 registered (unhappycamper, lapchinj, Bluedogone), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12332 Members
74 Forums
63413 Topics
443361 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 8 of 10 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#412289 - 10/05/12 03:33 PM Re: To be honest with you. My thoughts [Re: Country]
Country Offline

Loc: Alabama
I went to therapy today and we dove right into my EMDR. All I can say is WOW. It is the real deal. For just an hour session about something that was small for the first time. It is amazing where your mind travels during the session. It comes back full circle to a release. I was mind exhausted when I left. It was hard to focus. But I felt a release of what before I felt like I was a disappointment in. I am still a little tired but I feel better an see this really being a vital step. I was skeptical when I first heard of it and wanted no part of it. Now I am all in an cant what till next time
Ephesians 6:13

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.

Ephesians 5:25

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her

#412291 - 10/05/12 05:35 PM Re: To be honest with you. My thoughts [Re: Country]
Country Offline

Thanks for your kind words Monkey. Means a lot

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her

#412578 - 10/09/12 10:37 AM Re: To be honest with you. My thoughts [Re: Country]
Country Offline

Started EMDR with my therapist the other day. I think it will help me with some anger and rage issues that I still have. It is very exhausting tho. It puts your brain on overload. It is kinda weird the way it works. The therapist gave me a buzzer (pulsator) in each hand and a pair of headphones. They work together and when an impulse goes off in the hand the same side ear piece goes off. It makes your eyes (even tho they are closed) move back and forth. It keeps the emotional state down somehow. But she asks questions as you think about something and words just seem to pop into your mind. The start is like this. Think of something that made you feel unworthy. Then she turns the device on and periodically turns it off and asks for your thought. It eventually comes full circle and the bad thought or emotion is released and you feel better. We started small and it seemed to work. We started with a thought thy made me feel like I was a disappointment. My grandad told me one time after I left college baseball that " boy you sure could have been something of your knees were better ". Small I know but you have to know the magnitude of my grandad in the baseball world at that time in the state of Alabama. I knew he loved me and didn't mean to hurt my feelings but I always felt like I let him down somehow. Over something I had no control over. I am sure if anyone asked him that he would say he is proud of me as the man I am. But he doesn't know either thy his son, my uncle, moleste me for years and years. Anyway back to the therapist. First they establish a safe place for you. Mine was outdoors and hunting. I feel so calm and at peace there. So whenever my thoughts seem to get off course or to a dangerous place we can go to the safe place. So we started the session and she asked me to go to the felling of when my grandad said that, I started to et emotional and she cut the device on ad my emotions went away. Strange I know. But she wrote the words down that I said. One time my thoughts started going to , danger and rage and words like that so we went back to my safe place. But she reads the words back after we were done and you can see how at the end I went to thing like , peace , understanding and love. I felt as if I was released from thy disappointment. We will get more into my abuse later. I am kinda nervous but very excited about the EMDR.

#412658 - 10/09/12 10:33 PM Re: To be honest with you. My thoughts [Re: Country]
Country Offline

If anyone has any other helpful things or thoughts about EMDR feel free to let me know. Ha.

#412813 - 10/11/12 04:37 PM Re: To be honest with you. My thoughts [Re: Country]
Country Offline

Ten four then. Thanks for the support.

#412846 - 10/11/12 09:18 PM Re: To be honest with you. My thoughts [Re: Country]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Sorry man, I hate having a thread that no on replies to as well. Makes you feel lonely :-(

I haven't ever had EMDR or any experience with it either. Don't know much.

If it's helpful for you though, that's cool!

#413211 - 10/15/12 06:34 PM Re: To be honest with you. My thoughts [Re: Country]
Country Offline

It is very helpful Scott as I would encourage others to look into it. I am just trying to lay it out here for people to be more knowledgable about it and decide if they want to do it. You are totally in control and the way it works is very less traumatic than just sitting there talking because of the eye movement. It kinda keeps the emotions in check while difficult issues are being worked on. I sound like a salesman. Haha. I should be a paid spokesperson. NOT

#414310 - 10/26/12 03:24 AM Re: To be honest with you. My thoughts [Re: Country]
Country Offline

went back to T last week but my mind was not in the right place for a EMDR session.. I am so glad that I found a good T this time. It makes a world of differnce

Edited by Country (10/26/12 03:25 AM)

#414762 - 10/30/12 03:17 PM Re: To be honest with you. My thoughts [Re: Country]
Country Offline

Why do so many of us still classify ourselves as victim. We are victors. It is amazing what a positive mindset or attitude can do.

The wife and I are headed to the Mnts for a anniversary vacation. I am a victor. I no longer classify as victim.

#414765 - 10/30/12 03:43 PM Re: To be honest with you. My thoughts [Re: Country]
Farmer Boy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Australia
So true!

Page 8 of 10 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.