Newest Members
squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms, Anony_mous
12368 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
bluesky (44), Brother B+ (48), emal7717 (53), estuardo (52), kwf777 (56), LeeAnne (30), mapleleafsn (52), otherside (61), ronnie (59), Scott1962 (52), thrive-n-survive (42), tom3065 (36)
Who's Online
6 registered (Zero, VASurvivor, 4 invisible), 22 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12368 Members
74 Forums
63563 Topics
444104 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#411079 - 09/22/12 03:24 PM * [Re: Lancer]
Smalltown80sBoy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Edited by Smalltown80sBoy (04/29/13 12:16 PM)

#411080 - 09/22/12 04:23 PM Re: Why are religious people so JUDGMENTAL? [Re: Magellan]
Country Offline

Loc: Alabama
Gary,
I respect your right to worship whatever religion you like and have your right to express your views. It doesn't mean I have to agree. I repect the fact that you come here and support your belief. Even tho I do not accept it as my faith doesn't mean I think you are a bad person. I think as long as we all agree that there are all different types of belief and just show respect to one another then we are all doing right by whomever we serve.
Ephesians 6:13

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.

Ephesians 5:25

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her

#411081 - 09/22/12 04:26 PM Re: Why are religious people so JUDGMENTAL? [Re: Magellan]
Country Offline

There are extremist in every religion. Religion in my opinion is not dangerous. It is the extremist that make it dangerous.

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her

#411087 - 09/22/12 04:49 PM Re: Why are religious people so JUDGMENTAL? [Re: Magellan]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
I am sad and hurt to find that the arguing continues here.

We are a community of wounded men, struggling to overcome the shame and damage of be sexually abused. All of you.....can't we love and respect one another? CAN'T WE?

Next time I have something personal to post, I'll just put a sign on my ass that says "Kick me" instead.

#411090 - 09/22/12 05:11 PM Re: Why are religious people so JUDGMENTAL? [Re: Magellan]
Country Offline

I thought we were starting to head in the right direction Garydosh. Why do you feel like that?

#411093 - 09/22/12 07:05 PM Re: Why are religious people so JUDGMENTAL? [Re: Magellan]
jay75 Offline

Guys

I have in the past few days gone back and read countless posts by all of you, many were heart felt messages of encouragement for one another. Some were shared life experiences showing the human spirit and how we can all overcome our afflictions, some ended with God bless and others with Be well my brother. Never did they mention a belief or lack there of.

I am certain that we all can continue to support eachother and not allow our differences to interfere with our common goal... RECOVERY... We can embrace our faiths without being judgemental and read replies without assuming judgement has been passed. I to have been guilty of both..

We can continue to create countless threads to divide us, but we must not lose sight of the most common thread we all share..

God bless and be well my brothers,

-Jay-

#411094 - 09/22/12 07:20 PM Re: Why are religious people so JUDGMENTAL? [Re: Magellan]
Country Offline

Great post Jay

#411099 - 09/22/12 08:26 PM * [Re: Country]
Smalltown80sBoy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Edited by Smalltown80sBoy (04/29/13 12:17 PM)

#411108 - 09/22/12 08:59 PM Re: Why are religious people so JUDGMENTAL? [Re: Magellan]
Country Offline

Well let me say this Gary. It is terrible that people treat you in such a manner. We are suppose to love one another and not judge. That is just good humanity. I am really sorry that you go they things like this. I love ya brother no matter what religion you are. I love you for just being a human being. Everyone here the same. We may squabble and not see eye to eye but dang we are in this fight together. I ain't too proud to acknowledge that I don't have all the answers but I can care for someone if I can't do anything else.

#411134 - 09/23/12 05:04 AM Re: Why are religious people so JUDGMENTAL? [Re: Magellan]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
Gary -

sometimes i am ashamed to call myself a christian. not because i am ashamed of Christ - but because i want to distance myself from those who use his name but do not faithfully represent him. i am sorry that they hurt you. i love you and consider you my survivor-brother, regardless of whether we are brothers in the same faith or not.

Lee

Edited by traveler (09/23/12 09:05 PM)
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.