Newest Members
RepressedMem, jet_step, JimHouston42, GKB, MorganWut
12468 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
AndyP (48), Gaius (50), JoziSA (52), mmafan66 (48), nltsaved (36), RMM (52), Steve63 (51), zenboy (51)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 25 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12468 Members
74 Forums
64028 Topics
446827 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#410737 - 09/20/12 11:01 AM Why are religious people so JUDGMENTAL?
Magellan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
The irony sometimes hurts me to think about.

I grew up a fundamentalist Christian. I remember how judgmental I was of others for not believing the same thing I did.

I'm simply astonished at the quick judgments religious people pass off on others. It smacks in the face of the basic tenet of religion - DO NOT JUDGE! TAKE THE LOG OUT OF YOUR OWN EYE .... THE MESSAGE IS CLEAR - PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR **OWN** BEHAVIOR.

God this makes me so mad - to see this kind of arrogant judgmental behavior ON THIS FUCKING FORUM.

We're here to learn how to LOVE OURSELVES, not to be SHAMED!

For all you religious people who want to snap judge other people, proclaiming another person's behavior a "sin" because of a PERSONAL BELIEF - KEEP IT TO YOURSELF.

And yes, your faith is a *personal belief* and not the law of the land to be crammed down other people's throats, no matter how fervently you believe in your religion.

D

#410741 - 09/20/12 11:17 AM Re: Why are religious people so JUDGMENTAL? [Re: Magellan]
Country Offline

Loc: Alabama
Just by starting this means you are judgmental then. If a belief I shared an u feel judged then maybe that is conviction coming on you. Where was judgement at?? Just sharing a belief with someone is NOT judging.
I am a Christian before anything else. I will stand up for my faith and God when I need to. As far as my opinion, if I believe it is a sin and you don't then you don't let it worry you. Geez , this society is so puddinized with what we can or can't say. I didn't start this debate here or that one that you are referring to but when someone ask and then receive an opinion just because it ain't what they wanna hear and get mad then that is just the way It is I guess.
Is it a sin to MB?? I don't know? Is it a sin to list in your mind ?? Yes. Yes. Yes. If you don't think so then fine. You can be wrong all you want to. Ha
Ephesians 6:13

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.

Ephesians 5:25

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her

#410744 - 09/20/12 11:20 AM Re: Why are religious people so JUDGMENTAL? [Re: Magellan]
Country Offline

I love and care for everyone here an try to help out when I can. I do not judge anyone here. That is not my place to judge them. I have prayed fr people on this site and prayed for this site and admin. I have prayed for u Magellan. So we disagree and that is fine but I won't argue any further because that is not the Christian thing to do. We disagree and I am fine with that.

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her

#410747 - 09/20/12 11:34 AM Re: Why are religious people so JUDGMENTAL? [Re: Magellan]
Magellan Offline
MaleSurvivor

You can try to muddle the argument all you want, but

Dictionary definition of judgment:
a : a formal utterance of an authoritative opinion
b : an opinion so pronounced

You're NOT the authority of moral values. Just because you believe so, doesn't make it so.

Telling someone they're "sinning" *is* a judgment. You're parsing words and attempting to obscure.

I am no longer a christian, I left the religion because of how arrogant and judgmental most people are in it.

Can you find a way to provide support, love, and compassion without reminding them that *you* think they're a sinner? Can you?

D

#410752 - 09/20/12 11:46 AM Re: Why are religious people so JUDGMENTAL? [Re: Magellan]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
People are judgmental no matter on their beliefs because:
- they don't know to behave differently,
- they don't understand others,
- they are scared of unknown things,
- they are blind - not thinking by them-self,
- they are centric oriented : me, me and only me
those are just couple of things that I've learned on my own skin. I'm coming from multicultural country where Islam and Christianity is completely equal in social terms. Same goes for human limitations - it is the same no matter on religion...

Pero

#410754 - 09/20/12 11:49 AM Re: Why are religious people so JUDGMENTAL? [Re: Magellan]
Country Offline

Whatever Magellan. You can copy an paste all the websters you want. Lust in the mind is sin. Always has been sin and always will be... Not once did you see me tell Gary that he has sinner...... That is what I said and I still say it. Get over it. Wasn't even your post. You won't bring me to anger over this.

Edited by Country (09/20/12 12:48 PM)
Edit Reason: Typo

#410761 - 09/20/12 12:27 PM Re: Why are religious people so JUDGMENTAL? [Re: Magellan]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

I think the better question is, why is the human race so judgemental.

In recent days I've seen people attack christians over and over about being judgemental and hateful.... all the while in so doing they spew hate and judgement back.

Pot and Kettle calling...

Apparently only Christians are horrible and evil for speaking their opinion, while every one else is just using their right to free speech.

Gotta love the irony. It's ok for X, Y, or Z to make a formal utterance of an authoritative opinion but if said person is of any "Christian" background or opinion it's obviously just "hate and intolerance".

People, regardless of any particular background or religious belief, are just filled with hate and intolerance any more and it's pretty dang sad.

I also find it ironic that you say:
Quote:
And yes, your faith is a *personal belief* and not the law of the land to be crammed down other people's throats, no matter how fervently you believe in your religion.

And you come to this forum to try to tell those you are being judgmental of how you think they should behave, when the real deal is, you're beef is with NLTSaved, and as such it would have been better to address it directly with him via PM rather than paint a whole group with a big ole brush (which is in another stroke, another judgement upon an entire group of people).

Edited by JustScott (09/20/12 12:33 PM)

#410763 - 09/20/12 12:54 PM Re: Why are religious people so JUDGMENTAL? [Re: Magellan]
Country Offline

I couldn't agree more Scott. People are so easily offended now a days anyway. It is ruining this great Country. Someone states their belief and it is wrong and people go off telling others how wrong this guy was and tries staying there beliefs to defend themselves. I personally don't push my beliefs off on anyone or especially judge them. They can choose one way or another way. Thu all lead to the same point in my opinion and that is before the judgment throne of God. The only judge that matters. I think this stuff got way outta hand. But I will back my faith every time. So I really can't say I am sorry but maybe just came across wrong I don't know. I hope that Gary is ok thru all of this tho.

#410768 - 09/20/12 01:03 PM Re: Why are religious people so JUDGMENTAL? [Re: Magellan]
Magellan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Honestly, I think religion is dangerous. It leads people to believe that what they believe is better than what someone elses believes. It leads people to believe that they can say things without repercussions. It leads people to condemn, judge, and manipulate. It leads people and parents to instill SHAME INTO THEIR CHILDREN.

The evidence is written all over this site. Any time someone posits a snap judgment aka "sin" into a discussion centered around trying to comprehend shame and to relieve themselves of it, it devolves.

I have yet to see one discussion on this site where this type of religious provocation has been constructive, or instrumental.

I think there is a reason why there is a SPIRITUALITY forum - its specifically FOR this purpose. Outside of this forum, it is dangerous and incendiary.

Just look at the evidence, and look at the threads. Wish it weren't the case. Wish I could control it. Wish I could change it, but I can't.

The simple truth is - people come here to be alleviated of their shame and confusion, not to have someone else try to remind them why they SHOULD be ashamed.

I'm done. I've made my point. It was either heard or ignored, and I can accept that.

D

PS: I said "RELIGION" not Christianity. I said *I* was the Christian. IE: I did not single any one religion out, but confessed my own participation in 1 of them. Get it? Good.

#410774 - 09/20/12 01:27 PM Re: Why are religious people so JUDGMENTAL? [Re: Magellan]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

You did single out one.

You started off with Christianity, then stated a "basic tenent of religion" which was a quote from the Bible and thus Christianity again.

So religious opinion and thought should only be allowed in certain places? Ok then, start up the concentration camps, and declare freedom for all those on the outside.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.