Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
camdon (30), camdon greenwood (30), Denise (72), getteddie (66), morgoth (24), Ric (66)
Who's Online
4 registered (tbkkfile, Jay1946, hike1972, 1 invisible), 36 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63772 Topics
445341 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#410979 - 09/21/12 04:47 PM are we allowed......
blacken Offline
Chatroom Moderator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Northern Ohio
Are we allowed to post the names of known child molesters?

#411022 - 09/21/12 11:58 PM Re: are we allowed...... [Re: blacken]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: blacken
Are we allowed to post the names of known child molesters?

I have been 'tempted' to a thousand times. But NO it is not wise to post names of child molesters until they have been convicted by the judicial system. If they are already listed as sex offenders by your local or state police then it's OK.

Probably you are not insured in case the person should sue you for defamation of character. Also, MS should not endure such a legal challenge.

Unfortunately for us (injured parties) the legal system affords more protection for the claimant than the plainteff.

To find out who has been convicted as a sex offender in your area, bring up Google or another search engine in your browser. Insert in the search window: sex offenders in zip code _ _ _ _ _ or state _ _ and county _ _ _ _ _ . Press Enter and it will probably churn up a list of offenders for you.

For example, to find the registered sex offenders in the community where I experienced abuse as a child:

sex offenders in zip code 22040

That's all there is to it.

Puffer

Edited by pufferfish (09/22/12 12:04 AM)

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.