Newest Members
mojo, James M, FredM88, Vermona, Jas52
12111 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
chrisH (34), Malaki619 (32), worcester2003 (51)
Who's Online
4 registered (JayBro, I Want 2 Thrive, peroperic2009, 1 invisible), 68 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12111 Members
73 Forums
62499 Topics
438054 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#410551 - 09/18/12 07:05 PM I'm apparently in a relationship now!
Magellan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
I'm speechless.

5 dates in, withheld from having any sexual stuff until the 5th when it just spontaneously happened.

During the 1st 4 dates, it was filled with all sorts of awkward and uncomfortable, and even a couple of disagreements. Our 3rd date was a disaster.

But I chose to do it dramatically differently than I've ever done before. I chose to be honest and vulnerable and take risks with him, while abstaining from having sex - and as a result of this exercise, I now can see that I can TRUST IN MYSELF and FOLLOW MY HEART!

5 dates in is too soon to call it a REAL relationship (where we're committed), but during our interactions between dates with ever increasing frequency, I can see that we're both calculating how to treat one another based on how we feel and how we perceive the other person feeling. That's a relationship!

This is the first time in my life I've ever had this type of healthy interaction with someone I am attracted to, where there are boundaries and open communication and respect. The first time that I'm not losing myself in my emotions of anxiety and fear and excitement. I'm present, I'm centered and I'm REALLY DIGGING THIS!!

Holy moly! Just a couple months ago, here on this very forum, I said that a romantic relationship just simply didn't exist in this universe for me.

And here I am!

Just wanted to share the progress with my brothers. RECOVERY IS POSSIBLE!!!!!

D

(edited to add: okay, i'm not speechless)

Edited by Magellan (09/18/12 07:17 PM)
Edit Reason: okay, i'm not speechless

-- I must remind myself that sugar is my enemy. I can't control my sugar consumption and sugar makes me mentally unstable. I'm reminding myself (because I forgot again).

#410552 - 09/18/12 07:22 PM Re: I'm apparently in a relationship now! [Re: Magellan]
Farmer Boy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Australia
That is awesome!!!

#410622 - 09/19/12 12:45 PM Re: I'm apparently in a relationship now! [Re: Magellan]
Robert1000 Offline

Magellan! That's wonderful news. I'm close to speechless myself. Thank you for the healing that you're doing. Your words are so encouraging to me. Thank you for sharing. And thanks for being on this forum. You're an inspiration. You're refreshing. You're honest. I really really appreciate it. Have fun, my friend. Life CAN be wonderful.

Bob

#410625 - 09/19/12 01:30 PM Re: I'm apparently in a relationship now! [Re: Magellan]
Magellan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
I wish there was a "like" button on this site. smile

Thanks for your kind words, Bob !!

I'll try not to bore the entire site with cumbersome details of my fledgling little romantic love life.

D

-- I must remind myself that sugar is my enemy. I can't control my sugar consumption and sugar makes me mentally unstable. I'm reminding myself (because I forgot again).

#410626 - 09/19/12 01:32 PM Re: I'm apparently in a relationship now! [Re: Magellan]
Robert1000 Offline

Hell, if somebody doesn't want to read it, they can skip to the next post. Feel free to bore me to tears. I could use the distraction. Bob

#410627 - 09/19/12 01:36 PM Re: I'm apparently in a relationship now! [Re: Magellan]
cymrotom Offline

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Congrats Magellan!

Tom

#410630 - 09/19/12 01:46 PM Re: I'm apparently in a relationship now! [Re: Magellan]
Robert1000 Offline

By the way, Magellan, I think it's hilarious that you used the word "blarg" in a post. That just makes me smile. Are you a fan of the hitchhiker's guide books? I think I may have seen that goofy expletive in there. Anyway, it's great to know more about what you're like. You're a charming dude. Bob

#410643 - 09/19/12 03:24 PM * [Re: Magellan]
Smalltown80sBoy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Edited by Smalltown80sBoy (04/29/13 12:12 PM)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.